Dark Souls III - Discussion Thread

MrGhost

Adept
I'm fan of Dark souls series and looks like Exclusive images of Dark Souls 3 are released and sources are saying that is coming up on XB1 and PS4 in 2016 but the port for PC is kinda of hanging on edge.

Some Exclusive details -
  • The game is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016. PC is also listed, but is accompanied by the word “negotiable.”
  • The game will support “1-4 players,” meaning it’s possible you can summon more than one friend or there might be a player-versus-player element.
  • 10 playable classes, all available from the beginning of the game.
  • 45 new enemies, 15 new bosses. Characters and monsters from previous games are not included in that count.
  • 100 new weapons and 40 new armor sets with returning equipment not counted in that number.
  • 60 minutes of cutscenes, mostly in engine, rather than pre-rendered.
  • There will be around 12 areas in the game.
  • Will change the way you interact with players online. You’ll now participate in “Sacrifice Ceremonies.” You can drag bodies around, choose where to sacrifice them, perform the ritual, and visit another player’s game. Doing this makes you a target for other players. These will also change your game, such as a sacrifice creating a bonfire at the location you choose to sacrifice the body.
  • Light sources and enemy layouts have been changed.
  • Boss battles have a new “Heat Up” factor that “completely change” boss battles based on undescribed factors.
  • The game will add “Sword Fighting Arts,” which including “Rush In” and “Circle.” The former is a sacrifice attack that allows you to dive into an opponent and take damage while delivering a huge hit, while the latter sounds like a dodge move.

SOURCES : GEMATSU, IGN

Last edited:
Will take it with a grain of salt, though will love to see this happen. But not anytime soon. Witcher 3 progression is not even 10% :)

So any started playing this yet ... <this thread has a serious lack of dark souls stuff>
Am waiting for the physical release in India ... havnt even started on ehm version. May 03 hopefully.

Yes, there seems to be some issue with the distributor, but they are hopeful everything will be solved by May 10th. Namco Bandai is not very keen on releasing their games in India. Sad part is the cost in steam is so exorbitantly high, if u want a 'original' version u have to wait for the physical release.

Yes, there seems to be some issue with the distributor, but they are hopeful everything will be solved by May 10th. Namco Bandai is not very keen on releasing their games in India. Sad part is the cost in steam is so exorbitantly high, if u want a 'original' version u have to wait for the physical release.
Yea same crapshoot happened when Project Cars was released. Had preordered it and it never arrived. Had to cancel my order after 3 weeks.

The digital copy price is something I'll never pay. 4299 for a PC game is a complete rip off.

Its all about learning the bosses attack patterns, avoiding being hit, being patient and attacking when u can put in some shots. If you can master that u are golden in the lands of the souls. Basically its an easy game once you have mastered dodge-r0ll.

You dark souls. I never get whats the pleasure you find in being punished over and over again before you can over come that one "punisher" for the moment and move onto the next.
You guys are kinda psychopaths in the reverse manner - instead of being that serial killer, you tend to be the serial victim.

damn you all for the patience you guys possess to take it all and get lucky sometime in the course.

PS: Sarcasm and pun intended. No offense to the fans.

Even as one who is not into Souls games (played DS1 only till the Bell Tower Gargoyles before moving on to something else), there is something very satisfying about figuring out the move set of a new enemy, correctly dodging and parrying them and then landing a huge backstab. I could see the appeal in the series, just didn't have the patience to go through the whole game. Maybe I will some day.

Even as one who is not into Souls games (played DS1 only till the Bell Tower Gargoyles before moving on to something else), there is something very satisfying about figuring out the move set of a new enemy, correctly dodging and parrying them and then landing a huge backstab. I could see the appeal in the series, just didn't have the patience to go through the whole game. Maybe I will some day.

same here. moving on from one boss to another without much else also got to me. maybe someday :/

Couldn't wait any longer ... so started with the ahem version of the game.
Playing a pyro. Not sure if i am sluggish or my controller is ... not able to dodge so well.
And the game spends no time in easing you in. You are thrown into a bunch of powerful guys soon enough.
Haven't progressed much ... roughly 4 -5 hours into the game. Still getting a hang of the stuffs.

Finally got my hard copy of the game on Friday. Pushed the disk in started the installation process, came back after 10 mins and its downloading the game from the net :(.
There were 3 dvds but of no use. Finally after 5 hours (i didnt want to restart the installation through disk) , i was in game.
Made quick progress through the game, due to my previous play-through. Again picked up a pyro and rolling dex build now. Running around with the Mailbreaker.

Back