Storage Solutions Data cd not read by portable players(home one )!!

MAGNeT

Skilled
i wanted to post this b4....but never did so...trying to do myslef...but now i really need help......

whenever i write a cd with movies ...with nero as data cd...........and giv it to my frnds.....they say it didnt work...but when i does same and write audio songs(mp3 files) as data cd it works fine.....

i know its format prob..but unable to sort it......writing it as video cd increases size and many times does transcoding which is painfull(tak hell lot of time)....most of the video files i hav is avi and mpeg.....as far as i know mpg files r video player supporting...then why does such transcoding occurs.........and is there ny way in which i write a cd as data and still it plays on portable players?????

Stand alone DVD/VCD players are flexible enuff to support data CDs for Audio and Jpeg's...However, for Video, stand-alone players will take CDs that exactlt correspond to the Mpeg1 VCD format and Mpeg2 DVD format (including ths directoryand data structure, Video resolution, frame rate, and of course, the compression algorithm)

e.g. 25/29.97 fps, 320X240 MPEG1's for VCD

If u want to save time will burning VCDs/DVDs, I'd suggest u try WinAVI video converter (the fastest converter I have used) to first convert ur Video (Avi's/Mpeg's) to the VCD player supported MPEG1 format, and then use the VCD burning option in Nero (Which in this case willonly take care of the directory structure)

All in all, using this two step process , u'll end up saving 40-50% time that Nero uses for transcoding( As Winavi uses a much faster transcoding algo)

Unfortunately, there is no getting around th transcoding business if u want ur Video CDs to be raedable by commercial VCD players...

damn...i already use that s/w.....i tried ard 12 other and finally landed on this becoz its mor flexile than other.............btw u hav any idea abt a s/w which convert mp4 files to any normal avi,wmv or any other simple 4mat..........i hav tried freeware mo4ui...works well but audio is not xtracted......so nu other 1???

Back