Dataone showing limited connectivity on Sony Vaio with Vista

abhivg

Disciple
I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Vista. I have a BSNL Dataone broadband connection with a Huawei Smartax MT882 modem which I use for browsing the net on my desktop regularly. I tried connecting using my Vaio, and was successful the first time, I could browse the net. However, since then whenever I try to connect to the net on my Vaio, I am not able to. The n/w connection icon in the taskbar shows limited connectivity on my Vaio. No such issue on the desktop
:huh:

BTW I am using usb to connect the modem on the desktop. Tried both ethernet and usb on the laptop. Initially it had worked with ethernet I think.

Would appreciate any help...

thnx in advance,
Abhishek

you need to fill following information for this you will have to

open

control panel then netwok connections then coose the lan that is showing limited connectivity then right click go to properties from their select tcp/ip and enter following information

ip address 192.168.1.2

subnet 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.1.1

subnet 61.1.96.69

alternate 61.1.96.71

Buddy, you need to fill out the DNS servers again or refresh them. You can call ur ISP and get them or use some that most bsnl users already have.

that subnet and alt towards the end of the post are DNS server addresses, try filling those or the ones that ur ISP gives you. Ping them, then ping ur own IP, then ping Yahoo! etc.

Post after you've done that with the results.

Back