Dataone - Upload speed reduced in Home 500 plan

mod-the-pc

Disciple
Did anyone face this problem ? I used to have an upload speed of 768 kbps earlier. It has been reduced to 484 kbps now. Uploading torrents is very slow.

This is what my modem shows:
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 484
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2042

I had an upload speed of 751kbps according to my adsl router. Some months ago, the switches in the BSNL exchange caught fire because the A/C had stopped working. When they brought in new switches after 2 weeks and went online, my upload speed was reduced to 509kbps. I called the exchange and told them about it but they turned out to be babu's.

babu's ? Are you from Chennai (your name suggests you're either from Chennai or New York with the latter being ruled out you being a dataone user!) ?

simple question : are upload speeds guaranteed/ mentioned by bsnl when they give us a new connection?

i know there are no *guarantees* in download speeds - but the way speeds are denoted by bsnl is 2mbps download 256kbps downloads

based on experience you should be happy if you are scoring above 30KBPS in your uploads - also the upload speeds vary - and they stay constant for a few months and then they vary again

generally i have seen : (download Bandwidth) / 2 = upload bandwidth OR (download Bandwidth) / 4 = upload bandwidth

@mrbgupta : whats your connection bandwidth? which plan are you subscribed on?

Back