Davinci Resolve Studio

Hi,
Anyone here who uses Davinci Resolve professionally for video editing .

Is there any way to get this software for discount? it is too expensive.

I understand the crack version will save lot of money but not sure if they run smooth or have bugs and problems? Do share your experience for studio version?

Curious what features of the Studio version you need? I personally use the free version and it fulfills all my needs, but then again I am not a professional so probably not very helpful. Sorry

Curious what features of the Studio version you need? I personally use the free version and it fulfills all my needs, but then again I am not a professional so probably not very helpful. Sorry
I am also in learning phase tbh but very serious about it. So do looking forward to buying it.
I am looking towards 3d texting tracking for now .

I am not exactly in a hurry also and dont want to rush buying it but definitely do look forward to full options.

Thanks for replying.

I'm not a professional video editor by anymeans (just finished a video editing internship though)
If you've just started learning how to video edit itself, there is nothing at all that you'll miss out on. You're not going to use majority of the features that are in the free version itself right now. To put it in an analogy, you're thinking of purchasing a decked out all sedan, all the speakers, whistles and bells that you can get when you should probably learn using the old family car first.

I'm not a professional video editor by anymeans (just finished a video editing internship though)
If you've just started learning how to video edit itself, there is nothing at all that you'll miss out on. You're not going to use majority of the features that are in the free version itself right now. To put it in an analogy, you're thinking of purchasing a decked out all sedan, all the speakers, whistles and bells that you can get when you should probably learn using the old family car first.
I get your point.
Don't want to rush either . That is why taking opinion and if anyone knows I can get it cheaper on discount/ student discount anywhere.the reason I do not mind getting the software now is because like I said I am getting the hang of it and if I can start working on all options early on it will eventually help me.

Thanks for sharing your point .

I've heard of this software in regards to editing RAW video from phones. It's quite powerful and with the right skills, the results are spectacular.

All this for free too :woot:

So I found out the reason for high temp on cpu and thought could be helpful info ...so the so called free version does not take advantage of GPU power much and mostly is giving load to cpu .

The studio version on other hand is more balanced in that.

Also to add further I did 4k to 4k render and the cpu temp was in 90C but since I was doing 1080p to 4k yesterday ..it could mean more load in Cpu.

However the point is studio version is better on system.

No way to configure the free version to make more use of the GPU ?

Is this just a config thing
It does select the GPU but even then benchmarks that I saw on YouTube and according to the reviewers too
The studio does better in loading the GPU than free version

It does select the GPU but even then benchmarks that I saw on YouTube and according to the reviewers too
The studio does better in loading the GPU than free version
Yes...with free version only 1 gpu can be selected and that too load will be more on cpu but gpu willl also get used. Also it has quite a few presets for video platforms

Yes...with free version only 1 gpu can be selected and that too load will be more on cpu but gpu willl also get used. Also it has quite a few presets for video platforms
I didn't get you .. Can you explain further what you mean by only 1 GPU? ..for you only get to select one GPU anyways, if I am right?

There are only some differences between the Free and paid versions, AFAIR
1. Paid supports noise reduction
2. Paid supports multi GPU, though I had read you can get 2 GPUs working in the linux free version
3. Output to 4k and higher
4. Paid supports online editing and collaboration tools, which you won't be using if you are working alone anyways
The free version is plenty for even an intermediate coloring, and the manual is one of the most detailed ones I've seen.

Back