PC Peripherals DC 2-26 Multi-Purpose Precision Lubricant - a great little tool

I was recommended this tool on a RC forum. I found it amazing for home use including PC related.
Problems areas where this spray worked:
1. My 4 year old Dell LCD monitor power button stopped working. All I had to do was spray a little from the outside so that the lubricant can penetrate from the gap. Now, the button works fine
2. The volume knob on speakers are another area where it can be used
3. My PC is 4 years old. My SATA HDDs would suddenly not be detected in Windows. I spray a little on the connectors (both power and data) and since then I have not had any issues
4. My battery chargers button stopped working after an year of usage. After spraying a little, the button was working as new.

I was actually recommended CRC 2-26, but all i could find in the local markets was an Indian version called DC 2-26 (Damnet Chemicals Pvt Ltd). My experience was with this spray. MRP is Rs. 220.00

One of the features of DC 2-26 is 'Contact cleaner for electrical equipment'
For this feature alone I highlighted this product.

WD40 is not recommended for electrical contact cleaning. It is mainly used for releasing jammed nuts, bolts & mechanisms
DC 2-26 can also be used for these applications (releasing jammed nuts, bolts & mechanisms)

One of the features of DC 2-26 is 'Contact cleaner for electrical equipment'
For this feature alone I highlighted this product.

WD40 is not recommended for electrical contact cleaning. It is mainly used for releasing jammed nuts, bolts & mechanisms
DC 2-26 can also be used for these applications (releasing jammed nuts, bolts & mechanisms)

I have also used this product DC 2-26/ 415 ml aerosol cans. It was very helpful in opening a jammed lock and also in improving the properties of Electrical contacts in Horn switch and Ignition switch in scooter. I think this product is a multipurpose solvent and vastly used in almost all Industries for maintenance and service.

Back