dd-wrt query with ASUS

rosemolr

Disciple
Nov 14, 2011
Cochin
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to setup one 24*7 downloading setup with dd-wrt.I would be possibly using this setup for downloading torrents and mediafire files.I have a couple of queries regarding the setup

1.will i be able to access the router and check the status of torrents from my office?coz it would be great if i can add torrents to the download que remotely from my iphone or office PC

2.I'am using asianet dataline's broadband internet (4Mbps) with unlimited download from 2am to 8 am.I hope i can Schedule the downloads in utorrent which i would be possibly installing in dd-wrt,but the real point is my stupid ISP will be asking Username and Password all the time when i log in to internet and i will have to minimize the window after logging in else it will disconnect my access to interner and redirect to the login page after a couple of minutes.Is there any way to automate the login with any kind of script or something sort of that?

This part really sucks because at times when my connectivity drops the my downloads will be redirected to an html page and utimately file will be downloaded as .html

Thanks in advance guys...please help me out.

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
1. Not possible ddns is broken in dd wrt.

2. Yes possible, scheduling not possible.

rosemolr

Disciple
Nov 14, 2011
Cochin
Well... if that is the case then i will have to drop dd-wrt plan and should go with portable device like Pogoplus v2 or any stuff like that which will support archlinux in it...coz i should be able to access the device remotely since for most of the time i will be sitting in ma office...but it seems like pogoplus is not available in India and also bit expensive compared to the cost of asus router...do you have any alternative solution which will do the job? i heard about guruplug...does it really work with multiple torrents ???i seriously doubt the reliability of it coz reliability does matter when it comes to a 24*7 download machine!!!

By the way...thanks for the quick reply dinjo...reputation++

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Though it would seem DDNS is not broken but if you check the logs you will see hundreds of errors .

Auto Login possible only if managed to get dd wrt installed on to it python script would run.