CPU/Mobo DDR2 Motherboard for Core2Duo E7500 ?

Rico

Rico Unchained
Adept
Yesterday there was very loud thunder and lighting by 1AM .something busted and my PC suddenly*switched off.then I could not power it on again. The ups dosnt work.the SMPS is working fine .the motherboard has gone kaput Hope other components are fine.Pls suggest me a DDR2 based motherboard for my config. (pls see my siggy).

Re: DDR2 MOBO for C2D E7500

any Gigabyte G41 board will do or should i go for any specfic model number.

@ jerryelvis .. sorry for offtopic, there is this blue colored capacitor which blows off in a ups. Mine does every rainy season. I just replace it and the ups runs pretty fine. While blowing off it makes a loud cracker kinda noise. Perhaps you might be able to salvage your ups. :)
Also before letting go of the mobo, check if there are any burnt marks on it. Then remove the onboard battery and clear the cmos. No harm in trying eh.. :p

jerryelvis said:
as darkangel suggested go for the G41 combo..gigabyte simply named it as GA-G41M-Combo....... no fancy abcf@#W#23 appended.:)

alternative - Asus P5G41CM-LY, this too offers both ddr2 and ddr3

SpaceVoid said:
@ jerryelvis .. sorry for offtopic, there is this blue colored capacitor which blows off in a ups. Mine does every rainy season. I just replace it and the ups runs pretty fine. While blowing off it makes a loud cracker kinda noise. Perhaps you might be able to salvage your ups. :)
Also before letting go of the mobo, check if there are any burnt marks on it. Then remove the onboard battery and clear the cmos. No harm in trying eh.. :p
Thanks for the pointers.the CMOS thing didn't work out.I can't find any burnt marks though.Should the UPS be taken to service center or it can be done with local electrician.

^ try the local electrician first. Either ways if something is burnt then warranty is void I suppose. If it is under warranty and you are having doubts then take it to the service center.

jerryelvis said:
G80_gts said:
as darkangel suggested go for the G41 combo..gigabyte simply named it as GA-G41M-Combo....... no fancy abcf@#W#23 appended.:)

alternative - Asus P5G41CM-LY, this too offers both ddr2 and ddr3
Yes. It has a simple name :D

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 1.3)

have a doubt what if the processor is faulty (highly unlikely to happen).but how to make sure it's not?. I couldn't find any burn marks / the burnt smell from the mobo.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

will be taking my board to Rashi.
any RMA experience with Rashi,chennai will be helpfull.

UPDATE - Airtel BB Modem also got roasted.

made a call to APC to repair UPS. Since im out of warrenty APC wont do servicing for me .contacted some other UPS service center.they also say that the board has to be replaced and it would cost Rs.1600/- . also they recommending to get a new UPS.
can any one confirm this?

In between in need to open up the UPS myself to see how bad the damage is.

motherboard went kaput for sure , If procssy is also bad(hope it's not) need to RMA it too.
any idea how to RMA Intel procssy.

@ ouch ...thats a lot of things that went kaput.

Take things slow. First open up the UPS carefully, dont touch the electrical connections on the board. If you have never opened any electrical gadget then dont take chances, just take it to the local electrical shop. Tell them to open it up for you. Look carefully to see any burnt stuff. If some capacitors/other small components are burnt, they can be easily replaced. If the repair charges are a lot then its better to go for a newer model.

called a local Harware technician for help ,They have fixed the mobo.
Now MOBO, Procssy ,RAM working fine :clap: . GPU,HDD yet to be checked.
There were not able to get an IC for APC UPS :( .
will update the model number and name later.

jerryelvis said:
called a local Harware technician for help ,They have fixed the mobo.

Now MOBO, Procssy ,RAM working fine :clap: . GPU,HDD yet to be checked.

There were not able to get an IC for APC UPS :( .

will update the model number and name later.
Happy to hear this just now I saw this thread the same thing happened to me also 6 month before motherboard,modem had problem I gave the motherboard to vendor and I did not tell anything just told them it is not working they took care of that and gave the repaired motherboard after one week time,I could not repair modem so I bought new one.Still I am not sure how to avoid this kind of situation other than switch off and unplug every thing.

Back