Dead key on keyboard. How to confirm?

I took my corsair k70 keyboard out from storage today and I see that the apostrophe/quotation key doesnt (see here?) work, the one immediately left to Enter. Installed Corsair software even, and tried to assign a different function to it. Nope. Any other method to confirm that its (again) dead? Also, any workarounds?

You can test all the keys using online keyboard tester and confirm if it is working or not.
If it is a mechanical keyboard then you can change the switch and test it that way.
Other way will be to open the keyboard and short circuit the PCB for the switch and check if there is any output or not

might be dust. I use to get this issue. blow some air. if it doesn't work, then remove the cap and then blow some air. if still not working, try to attach it so some other system and test. if this also don't work, mostly the keyboard key is dead.

I took my corsair k70 keyboard out from storage today and I see that the apostrophe/quotation key doesnt (see here?) work, the one immediately left to Enter. Installed Corsair software even, and tried to assign a different function to it. Nope. Any other method to confirm that its (again) dead? Also, any workarounds?

might be dust. I use to get this issue. blow some air. if it doesn't work, then remove the cap and then blow some air.
In addition to this, you can try pouring some 99% Isopropyl alcohol into the switch after removing the keycap. Replace the keycap and mash it a few times (lol).

It fixed a couple of seemingly dead keys on a mechanical keyboard that I left unused for a couple of months.

Back