CPU/Mobo Dead Mobo/how to make best use?

I have a Gigabyte 780G(GA-MA-78GMS2H),given for repair at a local service center.After a week he says its dead and its of no use.
If I have to collect it,I need to pay 150/- testing charges.
What can I make the best use of that dead Motherboard?Is it worth to collect it?

If you are good at soldering, you can make these Capacitor Men figures from the old mobo. I used to make quiet a few till recently... :)

Had you been in Mumbai, I could have paid the testing charges and collected the mobo. :p

capacitorrobot.jpg
robot.jpg

Don't you like Men figures with Tummy or love skeleton lots :p

OP: Why the repair center/guy sacrifice Rs.150/- for TOTALLY DEAD MOBO in case you didn't claim? You should try with other person & ask him if mobo works than only you will pay other wise will take mobo back without paying single dime :)

nehaladsul said:
If you are good at soldering, you can make these Capacitor Men figures from the old mobo. I used to make quiet a few till recently... :)

Had you been in Mumbai, I could have paid the testing charges and collected the mobo. :p

capacitorrobot.jpg
robot.jpg

btw i have done a course in mobile repairing. a dead mobile doesn't mean all the components are dead. some chips are still usable and they take those parts, remake the balls and contact points and replace it if one gives a mobile for repair. same thing applies for mobo.... with a dead mobo, a person can make 1500 bucks min, with all those good parts inside it. this is the trick the repair center guy is doing. this is why when you go to a mobile repair shop you find all dead mobiles lying around, dont think they are useless, actually they are more useful than the good ones.

I got 9 likes and 2 reputations for the above post of mine. Thanks for that. :)

I just want to clarify that the images posted by me are not the photos of the capacitor men I made myself. I don't have pictures of those as I used to create them some years back and all were taken away by friends or relatives visiting my home.
These photos were taken from the web just for reference. :ashamed:

Still, this thread has rekindled the fire to start making these capacitor men again and this time, I'll take and post photos. :)

Back