Dead Rising 2 - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Finally, one of the better titles for the X makes it to all the major platforms this time and is scheduled to release this month-end. :D

I have heard some good things about the original Dead Rising game and I hope the sequel lives up to it's name. Custom built lethal and useless weapons to watch out for! :p

LOL the number of zombies on the screen have been increased from 800 from the previous title to 7000, says Kotaku. :O

There's co-op gameplay as well. :p

Re: The Dead Rising 2 thread!

Does this game has good story line or just killing hoards of zombies

It is more like a fun game to be played AFAIK - co-op should be a lot more fun. :D

Have you played L4D2?

The first game was a POS. I had extremely high expectations when I got my console that I would play this, Gears 2 & Ninja Gaiden II. Words can't express how f*cked up the save system is for this retarded game and you don't even need to take my word for it. Pretty much everyone who has played the game can vouch for it. Besides that the game looks sub-par and had high tearing issue. Controls were moronic. This was perhaps the worst zombie based game I have ever played. But then again, that's just me.

I tried the demo for Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, which is supposed to be a prequel chapter to DR2. It seems they have slightly bumped up the visual quality and made it crisp, tearing is gone (one good thing) & gameplay is the same. The only reason why I would even bother playing this title is for co-op. If I can't whoop zombie ass alone, then I'll have a tag team match amongst them. Hope Capcom have improved the save system, for their sake, and for our sanity.

Dead Rising 2 System requirements

Minimum system requirements

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.4GHz / AMD Athlon X2 at 2.2 GHz or better

Video Card : 512 MB VRAM - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS / ATI Radeon HD 3850 or better

Memory : 2 GB RAM

Hard Disk : 8.5 GB of free Hard Drive space

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Direct X : 10.0

Controls : Keyboard & Mouse

Installation : DVD-ROM Drive

Other : Internet Connection required for activation

Recommended rquirements

Intel Processor- Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz

AMD Processor- Phenom II X2 550

Nvidia Graphics Card- GeForce GTS 250

ATI Graphics Card- Radeon HD 3870

RAM Memory- 3 GB

Hard Disk Space- 8.5 GB

Direct X- 9

Chopping away at Zombies suddenly turned into so much fun:

deadrising2201009251002.jpg

deadrising2201009250943.jpg

deadrising2201009250948.jpg

deadrising2201009250950.jpg

deadrising2201009251001.jpg

deadrising2201009250959.jpg

deadrising2201009251004.jpg

deadrising2201009251009.jpg

deadrising2201009251010.jpg

European release is this Sunday. Besides, it's not allowing me to save the game since I can't sign into GFWL yet. But I was too keen on checking out how the port was for PC & it's excellent. At least 10 times better and sharper than the console version. I chopped my way through a lot of zombies. I got around 200 count till I completed my first mission to get Katey her first Zombrex shot. There are way too many cut-scenes in this game and for some odd reason, the cut-scene voices are way too low. Heading back in to explore some more uncharted territory. :p

xXx said:
yup..i thot so...Crack is not yet available :p
Shush! :| Don't get the thread locked! Resort to PMs. :gap:

Damn it, I have to finish Dead Space within Sunday. Then, begin ME1 and complete ME2 back-to-back. And then, probably DR2. :dead:

Scratch that! I'm back in business. The game saved perfectly. Now to find someone for a co-op session.

It's online co-op only I suppose. So I guess we'll need to wait till someone figures out a way to route it through Hamachi or Tunngle.

the game is enjoyable but it gets repetitive after some time and i would really like it to be a much more graphical game,the current graphics are just normal.doesn't give you the feel you would like to get with realistic blood and better modeled characters and locations
xXx said:
yup..i thot so...Crack is not yet available :p
somebody has released the PS3 version online,don't ask where

Back