Budget 0-20k DEAD SILENT & compact UPS suggestion

chayarishav

Disciple
Hey guys
I am looking for a dead silent compact UPS for my rig(1000watt psu+ max 180watt monitor consumption) to feed them at least 5-10 mins only in case of power fluctuations which is rare here.
Could ya specify me a good make/model + voltage capacity I should look into?
Thankks

Hey guys
I am looking for a dead silent compact UPS for my rig(1000watt psu+ max 180watt monitor consumption) to feed them at least 5-10 mins only in case of power fluctuations which is rare here.
Thankks

Also stay away from APC UPS if you want a silent UPS. The super tiny fan inside UPS is more noisy than AK47. And it keeps running for atleast 5 mins even after you switch off you PC. That bloke will keep on whining for a long long time.

Hey guys
Thankks
You are in for a huge disappointment. I run multiple UPSes at my home and none of them are silent. For a 1000W+ system you have to get an online UPS and online ups is NOT silent. Only way is to buy an online UPS and mod it (I have modded a few) but it will void the warranty for your UPS. What is your budget? and are you willing to mod the UPS. If not, do you have space elsewhere in your house where you can place the UPS and run wiring to your PC?

If you mean the beep sound then get a cyberpower ut2200e
it supports software control support
i have one and sound is much less compared to any other i have used so far

Any room is fine as far as its not kept on bed!
I read that the batteries give off fumes that are not healthy in long term.

I am in the same boat as OP, and wanted to have a online UPS with external batteries, I think having the whole setup in the balcony and then routing the wiring inside would be a good approach.

I am in the same boat as OP, and wanted to have a online UPS with external batteries, I think having the whole setup in the balcony and then routing the wiring inside would be a good approach.
If you have balcony in bedroom you can keep there or loft.
Depends how big or small is the house. Have seen people installing in kitchen/bathroom/balconies and lofts!

I think some of the higher end APC stuff has a physical button to turn off the beep. If thats the noise you're worried about.

Dead Silent is impossible for high capacity UPS (1200W as per your requirement). I have couple of APC ones which go off like a jet engine sometimes.

Dead Silent is impossible for high capacity UPS (1200W as per your requirement). I have couple of APC ones which go off like a jet engine sometimes.
Sometimes wouldn't be bothering.
Little more concerned about constant audible noise. Does your make it?
It'd sit under my desk.

These fumes are nothing but hydrogen and the amount discharged is minuscule for sealed batteries used in UPS
I think having the whole setup in the balcony and then routing the wiring inside would be a good approach.
Balcony will have dust which is not good for electronics as well as wide range of temperature which will shorten the life of your batteries.

Always better to store in a place where temperature variation is the least. Shoot for 25 degrees C

So the noise is coming from the fan. Well you can change the fan for more silent running but they are not cheap. eg. Noctua. If you can find one that fits your UPS

To give an idea.

Disconnect the beeper or get one with software to disable it.

if your fans are noisy it means dust has entered inside. Why not give them a clean ?

Last edited:
Back