Decent phone @ 16k

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
My brother's gonna get his 1st phone :bleh: , hez confused so am i :S

so am in need of ur Help again :)

Budget : 16k

Main usage : Txtng , Gaming , Video .

Req : Touch screen , Maximum Video Quality ( VGA @ 30fps ) 3+ MP camera :eek:hyeah:,3G (Qwerty if possible)

the stoopid's looking for a Phone which offers Video Quality the ones old Handycams used to offer :S ( dont knw y :p ) :huh:

Oppps forgot add these : Proximity sensor, accelerometer .

Re: Decent phone @ 16k*

Samsung Jet - 13k

Touch Screen - yes

Video - D1 (720 × 486) @ 30 fps , 5MP , Autofocus , LED Flash

3G Yes , no qwerty though .

^ Sorry :(, my bro says that he has tested this phone & complaints that its DAMN slow, sometimes the Touch aint responding any more Suggestions ? ? ?

have been using i7500 for past 3 months

satisfied with the phone : nice camera 5MP , 3g yes , qwerty no BUT android v1.5

only problem is that there are chances that it may not get - 2.1 update

check out spica i5700 as well .. almost same price ....but that will get -> 2.1 update

If you can increase your budget to 17k , checkout the SE W995 , no Touchscreen but a wonderful 8.1 MP Camera , Video is WQVGA @ 30 fps

Or the newly launched SE Hazel @ 12k , 5MP , VGA @ 30 fps .

Ok here is some general gyan:

Android: Amazing apps... but multimedia has a lot of catching up to do.. all android phones have a restriction for video shooting limiting it to CIF@30fps

Symbian: Multimedia powerhouse but slow and laggy.. and soon past tense.. to be replaced by Symbian^3 (Check out Nokia N8)

So for the features you want in a phone.. there is no operating system that would leave you fully satisfied.

You will need to compromise somewhere.

I would still suggest the Samsung Galaxy SPica i5700.. as it caters to most of your requirements..

Nokia 5800 wouldnt be a bad choice either.. With the latest firmware update from Nokia.. which activates kinetic scrolling etc. I've heard the phone is a pretty cool buy now! And people also say it doesnot lag anymore.. But I havent checked it out for myself.. Please check with a working Nokia 5800 with the latest firmware installed before deciding..

Please let us know which phone you picked and why.. :)

kumarankit said:
Ok here is some general gyan:

Android: Amazing apps... but multimedia has a lot of catching up to do.. all android phones have a restriction for video shooting limiting it to CIF@30fps

Symbian: Multimedia powerhouse but slow and laggy.. and soon past tense.. to be replaced by Symbian^3 (Check out Nokia N8)

So for the features you want in a phone.. there is no operating system that would leave you fully satisfied.
You will need to compromise somewhere.

I would still suggest the Samsung Galaxy SPica i5700.. as it caters to most of your requirements..
Nokia 5800 wouldnt be a bad choice either.. With the latest firmware update from Nokia.. which activates kinetic scrolling etc. I've heard the phone is a pretty cool buy now! And people also say it doesnot lag anymore.. But I havent checked it out for myself.. Please check with a working Nokia 5800 with the latest firmware installed before deciding..

Please let us know which phone you picked and why.. :)

Thanks for the much need comment thaala :)
will let u knw, but need some more intels :(

Back