Decent tablet for note taking

r19

Disciple
Thinking of getting a tablet for usage during my next trip, but kind of busy and don't have much time to search and it's difficult to find quality info.. Though of s6 lite but it seems to be slow and the screen doesn't seem to be very good. Need something around 20-25k. Mi pad and all seem to have problems with writing. There's the option of ipad + stylus from CEX, 30k and s7 + for 42k.

Mainly for notes but may edit some vids. Should have decent user experience and resale value.

Between iPad and Android tabs, I would always pick the iPad. But which iPad are you getting for 30k? If it is iPad mini vs S7 plus 12" and you only need for note taking, S7 Plus would be better choice purely due to size. Would suggest to check 10th gen iPad for 38k.

If you are looking at note taking, I strongly suggest not to go for iPad or Windows Tabs. The best note taking devices are Samsung tablets, hands down. As someone who has almost all tablets (you can see my earlier posts), I can tell you it is worth springing some extra cash and get at least the FE series tabs.

With Samsung the pen comes free. Replacement pens are dime a dozen, so you can buy a couple and keep them around (I have 6 of them), they don't need charging, and you can find nibs of different types (soft, hard, in-between) very easily. And when they fall, they don't break.

Also, with Samsung, you don't have to pay for a good note taking app, the incredibly powerful Samsung Notes comes for free.

Pair those with a nice matte screen protector and it even becomes a nice reading device. And if you add a keyboard, it turns into a desktop with fair bit of capabilities.

I currently own iPad Pro (11 and 12.9), Surface Pro 9, Surface X, Tab S6, Tab S4, Tab S7 FE, Tab S7 Plus, and Tab S8 Ultra.

So talking from a fair bit of experience here.

If you are looking at note taking, I strongly suggest not to go for iPad or Windows Tabs. The best note taking devices are Samsung tablets, hands down. As someone who has almost all tablets (you can see my earlier posts), I can tell you it is worth springing some extra cash and get at least the FE series tabs.

With Samsung the pen comes free. Replacement pens are dime a dozen, so you can buy a couple and keep them around (I have 6 of them), they don't need charging, and you can find nibs of different types (soft, hard, in-between) very easily. And when they fall, they don't break.

Also, with Samsung, you don't have to pay for a good note taking app, the incredibly powerful Samsung Notes comes for free.

Pair those with a nice matte screen protector and it even becomes a nice reading device. And if you add a keyboard, it turns into a desktop with fair bit of capabilities.

I currently own iPad Pro (11 and 12.9), Surface Pro 9, Surface X, Tab S6, Tab S4, Tab S7 FE, Tab S7 Plus, and Tab S8 Ultra.

So talking from a fair bit of experience here.
You think the 20k or so is worth it for the s7+ over the s6 lite? s7 fe seems kind of big and I don't like the screen at that price.
Between iPad and Android tabs, I would always pick the iPad. But which iPad are you getting for 30k? If it is iPad mini vs S7 plus 12" and you only need for note taking, S7 Plus would be better choice purely due to size. Would suggest to check 10th gen iPad for 38k.
Ipad 9 64GB is available on FK for 24k.

You think the 20k or so is worth it for the s7+ over the s6 lite? s7 fe seems kind of big and I don't like the screen at that price.
S7+ and FE are the same size. If you want something the size of S6 Lite, you should go in for the S6, S7, or S8. They are smaller. And whether they are worth it or not is entirely use case dependent. My friend uses an FE + Slim Keyboard as her primary device and to take notes (She is a Psych), and she is perfectly happy. I do not prefer LCD screens because I do read a lot, and I use all my devices with matte screens, and do zero media consumption. But I use a lot of apps and mult-tasking (I am typing this on S8 Ultra - there are two Whatsapp instances, a Word file, Browser (with 8 tabs) and a Samsung Notes window) and I feel the higher specs will help.

My friend says I am being too snobbish and her FE can handle this. But if you know, you know. :p

Before anyone's suspicions that I like my own words too much are confirmed, let me sum it up and say, that whether it is worth it or not is only something you and your wallet can decide.

Back