Deep Freeze-THE STANDARD IN COMPUTER PROTECTION

NeXgeN

Disciple
Deep Freeze protects millions of computers worldwide—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, month after month, year after year—saving countless hours of technical support. Reduce or eliminate technical support time completely and keep expensive computer assets running at 100% capacity. Deep Freeze instantly protects and preserves original computer configurations. Completely invulnerable to hacking, Deep Freeze makes computing environments easier to manage and maintain. Each restart eradicates all changes and resets the computer to its original state, right down to the last byte.
Protect a single, hundreds, or thousands of computers across a distributed LAN, WAN or over the Internet.

Full info and Evaluation here :
http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

this is one awesome baby :hap2:

full enterprise edition by pm

KingKrool said:
But this is more useful for cyber cafes etc. It is of no use at home, office etc.
i guess u havent tried it....its the best for home and even for big offices....Whatever dangerous hackers, mischief-makers and innocent clickers do to a computer, Deep Freeze makes the damage instantly disappear. All settings, files and programs are completely restored to original configurations every time a machine restarts. Users avoid the frustration of downtime due to software conflicts, registry and operating system corruption, virus attack, lost network and Internet connections, printer inaccessibility and many other problems. :hap2: see the testimonials .... u wont be disappointed with this one. :D

Nah .. The problem with Deep Freeze is that it makes the system slow as hell .. The boot time is increased tenfold .. Thats why its best use is where the performance of the system doesnt matter that much .. and that is why CyberCafes are the best candidates for it ..

And yeah .. You can make changes to your computer even if you are running Deep Freeze .. You will have to login with Deep Freeze's password in the boot up and then disable it on next reboot ..

Who takes so much trouble .. Just put a decent firewall and av ...

Batty I've used Deep Freeze myself I completely agree with the first 2 parts of your reply.Though I had used it quite sometime back so I dont know if things have changed as yet.

Who takes so much trouble .. Just put a decent firewall and av ...
Deep Freeze does help when there are conflicts,registry ,OS problems.So there are various aspects for using it other than just reducing downtime,putting online a host that was 0wNeD....

Back