delhi foodies need suggestions on street food joints

hunterjack

Recruit
I'll be visiting for the Auto expo and will be in town from 8th to 11th. Want to experience the best street food delhi has to offer. Please suggest some awesome places street food. :D
mods don't knw if another similar thread exists.

For street food, try Paranthe Wali Gali near Chandni Chowk metro station. If you like Paani Puri/gol gappa, then go to CR park market, some of the best stuff there. If you like Chinese, then North Campus area has many stalls. Other than that you can try momos and roadside paranthas/bread omlette wherever you see them.

don't forget to visit khan market . It has the best street food , don't forget to visit karim chacha , nizam's and don't forget panner vale chole bhature , after all they originated in delhi :)

hunterjack said:
I'll be visiting for the Auto expo and will be in town from 8th to 11th. Want to experience the best street food delhi has to offer. Please suggest some awesome places street food. :D
mods don't knw if another similar thread exists.

You eat meat. If yes, which of the below:

1. Chicken.
2. Mutton.
3. Pork.
4. Beef.

Then, we can take it forward.

asingh said:
You eat meat. If yes, which of the below:

1. Chicken.

2. Mutton.

3. Pork.

4. Beef.

Then, we can take it forward.
I love chicken and and beef. mutton and pork i do eat but don't like it that much. First preference would be chicken as i would be traveling with are some don't like red meat.Mostly interested in the meaty stuff only chat and other things are secondary.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m.khurana said:
There are many..In which area you would be staying ??
would be staying near new delhi railway station but traveling shouldn't be a problem as new delhi is connected well by metro as i have heard or should i be worried???

Then some good street / semi restaurant areas would be:

1. Market 1 of CR Park.
2. Jama Masjid area. Right behind it is the fabled Karims. Specializes in red, but can do good white stuff too.
3. Left of Minto Bridge (CP) -- nice Biryani shops.
Will add more as I think of them.

Tanku dhaba outside iift... very good.

tunday kababi in ghaziabad, indirapuram if you are ever on that side.

chandni chowk - jalebiwala, kake di hatti

Sita Ram Bazaar - kamal kachori

Chaat waala - USPC Lane for pani puri

moolchand - sharma ji ke bhature ( near vikram hotel )

Chache di Hatti - Kamla Nagar

Standard Sweets - Chawri Bazaar

Krow said:
Lol, I thought hygiene check was understood. :p
Indian's are iron-gut, so it should be fine.
hunterjack said:
Thank you people for the inputs...
another thing need to get some sweets back home, can anyone recommend a place??
If you go to the Chandni Chowk area, go to the end where there is a clock tower, and take the free right inside to another market area. Any sweet shop there will do. Best sweets in the region. Their "gajar ka halwaa" is heavenly, they literally grate the "khoaaa" on top. Damn. I think that is the Kucha Ghasi Ram area.

Bro,

Delhi is a foodie city, I have been there a couple of times, eaten in posh restaurants as well as street. Chandni chowk is best for street food, Carol baugh and cannaught place there are many restaurants.

Also this time of the year is great to let in all the junky and tasty stuff in belly.

This thread makes me want to catch the next possible train to Delhi
<

Back