Delhi Guys Please Help Me

Delhi Guys Please Help Me :(

I got a bank exam in the Vikaspuri Area and I don't know anything about New Delhi :(

Please someone help me :(

With reference to this Google Maps (From Hazrat Nizamuddin Station to Vikaspuri), please tell me where I can get a good Hotel/Lodge? :( So that I can reach the Exam Center early

I cannot afford Hotels which are 1000/- + per day

If you have any other better suggestions, please share with me

Thanks a lot :)

I am not from Delhi but I had the centre at sarvodaya vidhyalaya vikaspuri, Near Uttam Nagar east metro. Exam was from 9:30 AM, I reached New Delhi station by GT express (around 6:30 AM. almost always right time). Picked up the metro from station, changed at rajeev chauk and then via direct metro reached Uttam Nagar east. By 8 AM I was at the centre. But I felt Janakpuri west metro station would have been closer to the centre.

I guess you are going for IDBI AM exam on 27th?

mrintech said:
Yes for IDBI Exam :ashamed:

But where did you stay? :S

No stay, I gave the exam and came back by next train.

BTW where are you from? I am also going for IDBI exam on 27th but my centre is at peethampura.

arjun123 said:

BTW where are you from? I am also going for IDBI exam on 27th but my centre is at peethampura.

Me from Bhopal and will go via Bhopal Express

kuld33p said:
you can stay in karol bagh.. and get a metro from there.. it will hardly take 25 mins to reach vikas puri from there.

Thanks buddy... Do you have any idea of budget hotel/lodge?

arjun123 said:

Place is "Pritam pura" not "peethampura", "Kothat Enclave" is the Metro Station's name in "pritam pura" which you might need while boarding metro.

mrintech said:
Delhi Guys Please Hel
p Me
:(

I got a bank exam in the Vikaspuri Area and I don't know anything about New Delhi :(

Please someone help me :(

With reference to this Google Maps (From Hazrat Nizamuddin Station to Vikaspuri), please tell me where I can get a good Hotel/Lodge? :( So that I can reach the Exam Center early

I cannot afford Hotels which are 1000/- + per day

If you have any other better suggestions, please share with me

Thanks a lot :)

I would suggest to give exam and return back, however, if you intrested in staying for a day one can reach-out for some small time hotels in paharganj and catch up metro from there till "uttam nagar"

Ashish.K said:
I would suggest to give exam and return back, however, if you intrested in staying for a day one can reach-out for some small time hotels in paharganj and catch up metro from there till "uttam nagar"

I need to stay from 26 Morning to 28 Evening. So should I go for paharganj hotels for my 1.5 days stay?

kuld33p said:
you can stay in karol bagh.. and get a metro from there.. it will hardly take 25 mins to reach vikas puri from there.

Best suggestion!

I stayed in a decent budget hotel in Karol bagh, when I had visited Delhi.

Decent prices and accommodation.

Ashish.K said:
Place is "Pritam pura" not "peethampura", "Kothat Enclave" is the Metro Station's name in "pritam pura" which you might need while boarding metro.

PHAIL Mr.spelling Nazi! Its Pitam Pura

Pitam Pura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: harryneopotter beat me to it. :p

arjun123 said:

There are two metro stations for PitamPura, If you can provide the exact venue, then i can tell you exact directions in case you need.

Ok thanks to all of you guys... I'll search for Shelter in Karol Bagh Area/Paharganj Area :ashamed:

Also I can't afford for 2/3 Star Hotels :no:

When you reach Nizammudin station.

For finding Accomodation

1. Go to the nearest Bus Stand. Catch 'Teevra Mudrika', or any bus going till IP (indraprastha) metro station from there. It would take 20-25 min by bus, or 15min by auto in all.
2. After reaching to IP metro station, head to 'Karol Bagh' metro station.
3. When you step down from the Karol Bagh station, if you walk towards Asaf Ali marg, you will find 1 or 2 hotels on the main road itself. If you want cheaper accomodation then search through the nearby area. the estimated tarriff for a single bed room would be around 800-1350/night.

To reach Vikas Puri,
1. Take Metro from Karol bagh station and head to 'Uttam Nagar EAST' metro station.
2. When you step down from the staition, you'll find a bus terminal there. Take route No. 883 from there. The bus goes nearby to almost every known venue in Vikas Puri.
Or to get the directions to exact location of your exam centre. PM me. I'll tell you.

Accomodation at Paharganj would be cheaper although. But it would take a hell lot of time to reach to Vikaspuri from there.
Any more help. PM me.

mrintech said:
Ok thanks to all of you guys... I'll search for Shelter in Karol Bagh Area/Paharganj Area :ashamed:

Also I can't afford for 2/3 Star Hotels :no:

A decent budget hotel.

The deluxe room was priced at around Rs.1500/night (AC Room :p).

Thanks to all

I'll contact you getsetgo_008 via PM soon. You have a lot of knowledge :D Thanks for such an elaborate description :)

thetoxicmind said:
A decent budget hotel.

The deluxe room was priced at around Rs.1500/night (AC Room :p).

My budget is below 800/- :no:I am a Poor CHAP :ashamed:

Back