(Delhi) MTNL FUP based 2mbps Unlimited broadband at limited price

hackboy89 said:
it seems as if all the isps are going down in the exact opposite direction instead of where they should ideally be headed..

Ideally for who ? :)

If they come up with a 100 Mbps connection tomorrow with a FUP of 30 GB for just 1000 bucks a month, it would be useless for any heavy downloader but for an average joe who makes up 90% of the customer base it will be awesome as he/she would be able to use it for youtube streaming and maybe the occasional download or so but at the end of the day he/she would never cross the 30 GB limit.

hackboy89 said:
i wouldn't have had any problem with the 'FUP' plans had they been actually 'fair' :mad:

Again fair to who ?

The average joe will use max video streaming in HQ mode if he/she has a fast connection or maybe an online gamer. However how much data would they actually consume ? I would wager that it would still be less than 10 - 15 GB. So those 35 GB caps is actually something that few casual users would ever cross.

So moving to higher speed bandwidth but with fixed FUP is beneficial for ISPs as they make maximum revenue which is what all of them want.

And just before you think I am against non FUP plans you should know that I don't like it anymore than you do but logically it makes no sense to offer a non FUP plan from a business sense when 80% of your customer base uses less than 1 GB a month.

^^ well what you've said is obviously right but those are the facts i never want to think about coz they give me nightmares.. :cry:

i can't imagine what it'd be like when every mtnl unlimited plan will be coming with a silly cap on the download.. :death:

my speeds have dropped to 256 frmo 512 (i opted for 2mbps night unlimited).

Also, i suddenly see 120.xx series IP instead of 59.xx earlier..

anyone else?

i feel like shit right now!

they have taken away my 512 as well! WHAT THE HELL!

hey can you tell me where to check online what is the current status of my plan?

Thanks..

[attachment=9318:15975.attach]

its still showing this

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 171
same here :( .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

its showing freedom 800 combo now but speed is still 1 mbps (no change). :|

same here...................
Mine also shows freedom 800 combo but the speed is still 512 Kbps

i contacted customer care for this purpose
they said that they have sent a request to increase the speed and it will be applicable from monday since today is sunday.
lets see it will be updated or not:(:(:(:(

Guys just one query for those who got plan updated and speed increase are they getting Night 2 Mbps / 512 kbps , any reviews ( Freedom 800 ) ? .

Back