Budget 31-40k DELL 15R 5537 or HP Pavillion n260tx

Can anyone help me for which brand to choose dell or hp?
Dell 15r 5537:
i3 4th gen,4gb ram,500gb HDD,Integrated intel graphics.

HP Pavillion 260tx
i3 4th Gen,4gb ram,500gb hdd,2gb amd raedon 8760m

Both are giving on site warranty with Accidental Damage Protection(ADP) for 1year.

Now the problem is i want to avail additional warranty,but Hp is not giving ADP in additional warranty where dell is giving ADP for 2years for an amount of 6999
But HP is giving additional onsite warranty for 1499 at the time of purchase of laptop.
Is it really necessary to go for additional warranty (ADP) for a huge price gap?Please help

@OP whats your usage? If not for gaming I would suggest getting the DELL one. You might not need the additional warranty if you are careful with the laptop. But for intense gaming say 24*7 I recommend getting additional warranty, you can never be sure enough. But one thing about the after-sales service though HP's a pain in the ass. Even getting you call connected to the customer service require a great deal of pain and money (for the less-worse non-toll free nos which you might be provided). But DELL has physical outlets in major cities.

@anil Sethi & @iPwnz..Yesterday I bought the HP Pavillion 15-n260tx. Till now i have tested the HP's after sales service and i am satisfied. First i preferred dell but the model which i want is not available with the resellers and they dont know when it will come. All models that they have in 15R series are backdated within my range. I also called dell and had a chat over the phone with Dell's sales person name D_S.I told him can you send me the details on my mail if i go for online purchase from your site..he told me that just message me your mail id.I have messaged him twice but still there isn't any reply. So now tell me how can i expect a good service from dell if pre is so bad then wat about post. Today i called HP fro recovery of OS...I got connected within 3mins but in dell most cases they will transfer the line from this end to that end if am not wrong. Now come to the product..See we are using a gadget so it can give you problem but how is the service that depends. The n260tx is very sleek and good looking and the colour is milky white.Only cons is till now which i faced is keyboard is lil bit hard.[DOUBLEPOST=1399701105][/DOUBLEPOST]
Me too want to buy HP Pavillion 260tx , can anyone suggest me plz.
Go for it i already bought it and also mentioned about it

Sure if it makes you happy. But I can't possibly go and freely recommend something which literally gave me nightmares for one whole year can I? So I'm still gonna refrain from recommending/purchasing HP products.

Last edited:
Back