Dell 17R-SE: No extended warranty while purchasing, no corporate discount,etc??

Just called up Dell, the person on the other end said that we cannot buy a 3 year CC when purchasing the laptop, but will have to buy it later and that NO discounts will be applicable on the 14R SE and 17R SE since they are imported from somewhere outside through a dealer. (isnt even giving a bag!!)
Also she said that the payment will be made to a dealer and not to Dell directly.

Can someone confirm if this is true, or should I try calling again to some other person?

(15R SE has the 6% discount and 3year CC available)

Try calling again and again... the only way to get discounts from Dell is to quote the Dell sales quote from one salesperson to the other.. try to pit them against each other in getting your order... this is how I got a discount of 3.5k on my Dell 3 years back when I bought it by calling them 8-10 times and dealing with a different salesperson each time...

what did you reply to " are you calling for the first time" or did they not ask you this question at that point of time ?

Say no... I am not calling for the first time... else u won't be able to share the old sales pitch with them... tell them that the other salesperson has offered u a better deal and be tactful about it... play around a little... it should get u a good bargain...

what did you reply to " are you calling for the first time" or did they not ask you this question at that point of time ?

Contacted them again, the response I got is:

This particular model is sold through our dell channel partners and this is with one year, and there is no corporate discount for this particular model..

Request you to go with 15r special efition , where invoice is directly by dell.

Say no... I am not calling for the first time... else u won't be able to share the old sales pitch with them... tell them that the other salesperson has offered u a better deal and be tactful about it... play around a little... it should get u a good bargain...

Try calling again and again... the only way to get discounts from Dell is to quote the Dell sales quote from one salesperson to the other.. try to pit them against each other in getting your order... this is how I got a discount of 3.5k on my Dell 3 years back when I bought it by calling them 8-10 times and dealing with a different salesperson each time...

Better discounts could be obtained from the dealers who get "quantity schemes" and they have to lift that much quantity from Dell. Thereafter they discount the "scheme" on the pricing and sell the units at attractive prices. All you have to do is to find out the distributor in your city and approach him directly without saying you'll buy few more at later stage (This has become very common and dealers just laugh behind such customers). Only thing to make sure that your Service Tag shows you proper warranty on Dell's website.This can be done at dealers end itself before even paying for it.
Dell at the most will add some freebees for you. It is wrong to say that you could misguide them into giving you discount by saying earlier sales agent offered you this much. Every agent put the prospective sales data in the system and when you'll say that you had called earlier and that you were offered this /that price, the agent may not humiliate you for the lie but then he very well knows what you are talking. Instead be frank & straight forward in your approach and seek his "personal" help as a brother; as a friend. Tell him that you are a student; buying it out of your months saving. My dear friend, not only Dell, anywhere in life, we fail only when we underestimate others. Believe it, your voice; your words carry certain wavelength by which other person can make out what you are talking - if not 100%, may be 60%. For my 2 yrs old laptop costing 90K, Dell changed 112K worth parts in 8 days period. When the replacement of parts did not work they replaced it with brand new, and later model of the same cost. It is secondary and unfortunate thing that the brand new Laptop is having Battery & hard disk problem and matter is under resolution as on date. I may add here that my defective laptop was picked up by Dell (their courier agent) only after having delivered me a brand new sealed unit - by courier. And after few days of receiving the brand new laptop I got a 'Dell wireless mouse' sent to me directly from Dell Malaysia:happy26: I'm glad, but I'm sad!
My learned fried "Detox101" is absolutely right in suggesting you to bargain; after all that is the right of every customer; however I would very humbly suggest you to be straight & upright. There's an old saying -'if you wanna be a King, make your wife a queen', something like that.The jest is make others feel 'important'. And sorry, no offense;)

Back