Dell 2408WFP Ultrasharp + Bonus

Wait for a little while and ask for a replacement. The red tinge is a very common complaint with the new panels on the 2408. Will be acknowledged and fixed by Dell in Rev A01 of the panel. Historically proven, time and again. They just have to get enough complaints on it.

Calibration will correct overall colour balance and tone. Cannot correct one part of the screen by itself, not unless you have full control over the panel. Unlikely that it could be accessed through the DDCI interface if you don't have the required software (which would probably be with the original manufacturer, Dell is just slapping a brand name on them, remember).

Hang in there.

BTW, congrats on the purchase!!

Can you do this test. Reset to defaults.

Scroll this TE page briskly and see if the borders of the textfield tears a bit or throws up a cyan, blue or purple cast.

If that passes push brightness by 10% and do the same routine...

If you pass this you are reasonably safe.

Congrats on the uber LCD.

dingemini312 said:
nope not due to GO !
its due to a help i had done for them few weeks ago .

Dell had misplaced its 5 LCD`s (2 us , 2 e248, 1sp) all at my home.
got a call after a week
i did ask them wat if i dont oblidge .... they said nothin can be done.
i cud have kept it with myself without any issues but i returned them all.

hence the Dell2408 @ cost price :D

OT: I dont know many people who would have returned it. You should be real proud of this.

^^That was a very decent act. I'm not so sure I would've done the same, though I think of myself a pretty honest person!

Nah, not really. A friend bought a LG fridge online a long time ago. The local dealer dropped in a higher end model and I advised him to keep using it. Told him that if the dealer calls in, tell them that the fridge was re-sold.

But maybe if I had got the fridge, I might have returned it...or maybe not!

Naga said:
Nah, not really. A friend bought a LG fridge online a long time ago. The local dealer dropped in a higher end model and I advised him to keep using it. Told him that if the dealer calls in, tell them that the fridge was re-sold.

But maybe if I had got the fridge, I might have returned it...or maybe not!

IMO when someone calls you saying they mistakingly shipped 5 LCDs to your place and you and everyone involved knows you have whats not yours, it takes a pretty notorious man to try and default the obvious.

weelll, now that u laid it out, I'm not that bad. Don't wanna scare off the guys here from dealing with me financially :bleh: !

nice deal and sharp quqity btw how much usb slot and does it have internal speaker :)

good buy and enjoy hdmi movie and high quaity games

Naga said:
weelll, now that u laid it out, I'm not that bad. Don't wanna scare off the guys here from dealing with me financially :bleh: !

hehe sure man :)
I was making a general statement which Im sure even you believe in.

dell did give me a call but it was never like threatening one.
long story short :

they called me after a week of all these misplacements gettin stocked at my place askin me politely if u do posses them !
first i firmly Said " no... i recieve many LCD`s how am i suppose to distinguish...!, LCD`s comin at my place are further transported to banglore at my other office branch "

they said ok... try if u can.. i said i`ll.

after few days again i got a call... the female rep asked sir if any updates on the LCD`s recognition ... i said none.. cant help now.. those mite have been forwarded to banglore and further somewhere else. so i cant track now. sorry.
i asked her NOW wat ??
she said plain sorry, apologised and also said " sorry for the inconvinience caused to u , no action wud be taken against coz the mistake was done on our part"

these last conversation .. made me call her back at her given number after another week n i told her ... all lcd`s are at my place come and collect :D
she said thank u and as well apologised for the inconvinience i mite have gone thru to get them back from banglore...

and hence the DEAL

That's a sweet monitor you got ther Dinesh, many people do complain about the redness in the corner/buzzin powersupply/tilted monitor.
Do post a review, with pics/videos of this baby in action!

thanks saint sinner....
even i want to post the review of this thing before anyone else does..
but my exams are due next month 21st....
hence need to give attention to it....

but still i mite do it :p

Back