Monitors DELL and choosing a new monitor

runvrun

Recruit
Being in the market for a new LCD monitor, I read about Dell's incredible deal on this forum for the S2209W. I got in touch with them and closed a deal at Rs.11,000/- (Base price Rs.8939/-) including taxes & delivery last Thursday giving them my credit card details. I got a call from Dell yesterday morning from the guy I negotiated with at Dell, saying he hasn't swiped my card yet, and he wasn't in office for a day during which time Dell had raised their prices. He said they were return all demand drafts of guys who had bought the same monitor. If I wanted to buy it now, I'd have to shell out Rs.14,500/- (an additional Rs.3,500/-). After arguing for a while, I realised there's no point. He still tried to see me other Dell monitors - which obviously I will not buy given that I feel cheated.

(Btw... everyone else who is expecting delivery of this monitor... be forewarned, your drafts may be returned.)

So it's back to square one for me again. Am looking for a 22"/ 20"/19" monitor. Now I'm feeling stingy spending more than Rs.11k. Have been reading all the different threads of monitors and decided though Viewsonics are being offered at incredibly cheap rates, it's just not worth it given the quality of their service network. I'm buying from wherever I get the best deal at Lamington Road.

So that leave's me with:
LG W2252TE (not available in the market)
LG W1952TE (not available in the market)
LG L206WU (not available in the market)
BenQ E2200HD (not available in the market)
Samsung T190 - (not available in the market)
Samsung T200 (not available in the market)
Samsung T220 - was quoted Rs.14,600/-

what do you guys recommend? wait for other models to be available? wait for prices to come down a bit (esp the T220)? suggest any other models?

Thanks.
V

forgot to mention, am looking for LCD monitors with DVI ports. Got a quote for the AOC 2217Pwc @ Rs.13,500/-. The reason I'm asking here is that I've read so many reviews which are contradicting... some rating the T220 as ok and the BenQ E2200 as a much better buy, some saying that the LG's brightness is very low, one saying that AOC is mediorcre and another rating it very highly....
hence looking forward to your suggestions....

Back