Laptops Dell Battery Permanent Failure

xenaxance

Disciple
i own a Dell xps 15
2 days ago my battery went dead saying... 'your battery has experienced permanent failure'
all i can see lights blinking on my battery like some time bomb:hilarious:
what can i do besides replacing the battery
this battery was not that old i got it RMAed just before my warranty was about to expire ..
heres what i found
http://www.ebay.in/itm/LAPTOP-BATTE...ries&hash=item2ec648febb&_uhb=1#ht_1037wt_906
Is there anyone having experience with the aftermarket batteries? they give like 6 months of
warranty..
the one that went dead was 9 cell one and lasted for like 8 months
so no problem in trying it out.. unless it gives some problem to my xps
so are their any complains like spiking and heating issues

ordered the same battery as in the link above
it arrived today only..
no problems..
i just get the beeps and an error message while booting up..
saying something like..'' cannot charge the battery''
the store guy says that error message is because the battery is not a genuine dell battery
he told me to ignore it and disable the warnings via bios
is it really the dell problem or something is wrong with the battery?

I've seen people trying out non-Dell batteries on their laptops but they didn't get any beeps or messages. If it was expected then the seller would've mentioned that on his eBay listing.

I get such messages when the adaptor is not working properly. Maybe your adaptor is faulty which in turn, damaged your battery?

my adapter is 130 w one when i use my friends adapter which is of 90 w ..
i do get error message, but its something like.. power adapter cannot be determined

i guess you have a working battery right? it charges? gives you a backup which is decent? if yes move on..... since you bought this from ebay.

a few points to note :

different wattage of adapters should not cause this issue... i use multiple dell laptops, with different dell (original) adapters

the XPS range always has a high power adapter, however using a regular adapter shouldnt give that message at all..

secondly even batteries bought from dell have a 6 month warranty. your battery dying just after warranty expired is not something weird - its the norm... batteries die, exactly a few days weeks after warranty expires :)

thats life, just replace with a decent one..... and yes the warranty is 180 days to be precise!

I still think buying original Dell batteries is a ripoff. My original battery for XPS M1530 lasted 3 years but that was mainly because it was used plugged in most of the time. Dell quoted me 4500 for the original battery with 3 months warranty. Instead I purchased one locally from Delhi for 1800 with 1 year warranty and it lasted me exactly 1 year and this time I used the laptop on battery a lot compared to last time. Still a much better option.

P.S. - I didn't get any incompatibility message but maybe that feature is in the newer XPS only.

@rdst_1 ripoff.. totally agree with you
sometimes i feel like old models were better... a friend of mine also had m1530..

@babhishek.. i was told that warranty is for 1 year.. its for 3 months.. 90 days to be precise

about the incompatibility messages.. the seller said its just dell way to make people to by genuine products

Back