Monitors Dell busts out E207WFP 20-inch LCD for the budget set

DuBudhi

Disciple
Looks like a TN panel...does anyone have any info???

No word on that 19-incher we were just hearing about, but Dell just announced a new 20-inch LCD to pad out their lineup, and this one's priced to move. The new E207WFP eschews big brother 2007WFP's bells and whistles like a USB hub -- along with the composite and S-Video ports, as far as we can tell -- but still sports that 1,680 x 1,050 widescreen resolution, 20.1-inch viewing area and a DVI port with HDCP. The monitor even bests the 2007WFP with a 5ms response time, compared to the latter's 16ms, but the best news comes in the form of the spankin' $289 pricetag, which compares quite favorably to the 2007WFP's $529 MSRP, or even its $400-ish Froogle price. The E207WFP should be available "immediately" worldwide, and if you can do without the high-end frills, or one of those schmancy jumbo-sized 24 or 30-inchers, it doesn't seem you could go far wrong with this unit.

Link - Engadget.com

OMG OMG OMG.... Looks like the waitint wasnt all that bad :D... Now just need some detailed reviews of the same... If anybody spots one plese post back here :D...

OMG OMG. . LOL. i was going to send the money today to dell for the 2407, i even printed the Quotation sheet. LOL. thank good i waited, thx Dubudhi, Well done.

For that kind of price, its gonna be a TN Panel. But Its sure gonna give the Viewsonic 2025WM, a run for the money :) what ever the performance many be. If Dell can sell the 2007WFP in such quantitoes even during the time when there were banding and other issues associated with it, it sure can sell this one especially when the price is so good. But I am a bit skeptical about the $289 pricing. It would be priced more like $320~350 when it releases

Chaos said:
Why spend 40k on TN panels :S

Agreed, I would myself prefer a single 24" over that. But then the Dell 24" is not a S-IPS Panel. Maybe one day I will have a 30" Panel :eek:hyeah: . Dell badly needs to update its S-IPS based Panels too. maybe use the newer version of these panels with the 6ms response.

Anyway this will cost arnd 18.5k~19k(shipped with tax). Does it make any sense at that price point(if it really comes out to be a TN-panel)?

Back