PC Peripherals Dell Exciting Offers

raj_pol

Skilled
:) Hey guys Dell India is having some pretty good offers on their monitors. They are giving their 24 inch ultrasharp monitor for only 39900:) .Those who are interested can have a look.Also a 19 inch analouge for 15500:)

zhopudey said:
Don't know about Dell, but the Viewsonic VX2025WM is for 26,500 - All inclusive. Its a 20" widescreen, 8-bit MVA panel :D

Whoaa!! Thats kewl!! You sure about the price, right? I dont want to know later that it was an offer..:)

But the bad part is that its not HDCP compliant ,right?

zhopudey said:
Don't know about Dell, but the Viewsonic VX2025WM is for 26,500 - All inclusive. Its a 20" widescreen, 8-bit MVA panel :D

bah there goes my plans of buying that lcd down the drain :'(

friggin thing costs half of that in US, and even lower for the OEM....

seems like i need to keep myself happy with a 940BW lol

hmm maybe they will fall further...il wait and get the 30" one next year n keep my present monitor for sec sys or smth..

cud it get to around 40k next year and do u guys think 30" is an overkill considering we sit closer to monitors unlike TVs

WTF eBay India: Philips 200P3G 20 inch LCD Monitor (item 140002173930 end time 30-Jun-2006 11:16:58 IST)

62k for 20" LCD....some people still trying to sell for this price..

and this eBay India: ViewSonic VX922 LCD 19 inch Monitors (item 140002174572 end time 30-Jun-2006 11:22:06 IST)

huh..weird

Did anyone bother to even look at the response times of these monitors???

All those DELL Flat panels have response time of 16 MS. :O

Really bad for gaming.

And the Samsung 940BW us rated at 4MS.

So when you mean upgrade you really mean downgrade. :p

Hey_There said:
Did anyone bother to even look at the response times of these monitors???

All those DELL Flat panels have response time of 16 MS. :O

Really bad for gaming.

And the Samsung 940BW us rated at 4MS.

So when you mean upgrade you really mean downgrade. :p

dude, there are two types of response time listings 'black to white' and 'grey to grey' dell mentioned the B-W and samsung is giving G-G. So far i havn't heard of a 4ms B-W panel. and 16ms B-W is good enough for gaming.

Google said:
dude, there are two types of response time listings 'black to white' and 'grey to grey' dell mentioned the B-W and samsung is giving G-G. So far i havn't heard of a 4ms B-W panel. and 16ms B-W is good enough for gaming.

Are you sure? Because I use the 17Inch Dell Flat panel at my office and it sucks at gaming. :O
And some hotshot I know spent 30Gs on the Viewsonic VX922. I went to his place just to see it...

Theres a world of difference between the two.
The dell one sucks at gaming.
And The viewsonic VX922 has great response and the colors are so much better. Terrible viewing angle though!

If you quickly want to see how slow or fast a monitor is, just do a ctrl alt del and drag and move the "Windows Security" window that pops up...
If you can move it moderately fast and still read the text, then there wont be a problem with your games.
Try this with a cmd window and you can see the trails of the white on the black background.

Personally, my funda is: If you have a great videocard, then theres really no point getting tied down by a monitor that cant cope up with it.

^^ I sincerely don't know much about the smaller models from Dell i.e. smaller than the 20" or the 2007FPW. But i do know that the 17" flat panel is about 16K and as you mentioned the VX922 is much more expensive and i've heard that it has exceptional response times, so there is no surprise that it will perform way better than the 16k dell.

And i'm sure that when he VX922 will be compared to a dell 2007, the results will tell a whole different story.The dell displays i.e. the likes of 20" and above are simply the best priced monitors in their category.

And, i don't think the performance of a panel in gaming can be judged by your window dragging method. :rofl: The game applications work way different than that as far as i know.

Personally, my funda is: If you have a great videocard, then theres really no point getting tied down by a monitor that cant cope up with it.

I agree 100% with you on that.

Hmm. Google, you have a point. BTW, the only complaint I have from my COMPAQ MV740 17inch is the screen real estate. :(

And since I am going to buy an LCD soon, I've been researching on LCDs for a few days now.

Could someone maybe refer me to some place where I can get info on LCDs? Like a tutorial or something? Something that will help me make the correct buying decision. :)

BTW, doesn't the 94 BW lack DVI input? Analog Vs Digital Input difference should be visible on a monitor of that size. At least in a side by side comparison.

Back