PC Peripherals Dell Exciting Offers

Google said:
^^ what is your budget??

Around 20K.
Prefer 19 inch or above. DVI is a plus. :cool2:

Please bear in mind that I play a lot of FPS. So ghosting and blurring are a no-no.

Do I need to be wary of color gradients? :huh:

If you have personally tested/verified a monitor and it fits my requirements, please do let me know. ;)

Thanks for referring me to TFT Central. Have bookmarked it. :hap2:
Heres what I've gathered from there . . .

#1. <= 12 or so is too little ghosting to make any difference for most games.
#2. The Difference in quality between VGA and DVI is not obvious in most monitors. In fact, DVI on some monitors has a few bugs of its own.
#3. Certain 19 inch monitors have the same resolution as the 17 inch ones. The have larger pixels and consequently, image quality is not so good.

Do the Dell employees get better prices than others..Also what would b the price of Dell 2407 24" widescreen....curious thats all...

Rave said:
bah there goes my plans of buying that lcd down the drain :'(
friggin thing costs half of that in US, and even lower for the OEM....
seems like i need to keep myself happy with a 940BW lol
OT but well, u got yourself a 940BW too? How much? So how'd u like the performance?

Its a steal for the price/performance, I made sure not a single dead pixel on the piece I bought. Great monitor (just noticed in your siggy)

Saw the Dell 2405 in action, sweet looking, goes great. costly as sh1t too... comes on my dream wishlist though :p

vandal said:
OT but well, u got yourself a 940BW too? How much? So how'd u like the performance?

Its a steal for the price/performance, I made sure not a single dead pixel on the piece I bought. Great monitor (just noticed in your siggy)

Saw the Dell 2405 in action, sweet looking, goes great. costly as sh1t too... comes on my dream wishlist though :p

got it for a friend, must say a steal for its price,

where as for me, i got myself the Viewsonic vx2025wm

LOOK!!! the website is again showing the price of 2407 as Rs.54000 this time i'm posting a screenshot. what the hell is happening?!?!?
i've just taken the screenie.

screenshot:

and this is the link to the page

:) almost all the reviews that I have read quote the samsung 940B as quite a decent buy. Remember it has a brightness of 300cd/m2. That should help while viewing movies too...Price will be atleast 20k+ to within 24k(price at it depot which is always the max quoted in India:bleh: :bleh: )

Is that an offer with it written "Cash off INR 9000 with free 5th year warranty" below the Dell 2007WFP?

So 35k is the price after the cash off offer??

Anybody with more knowledge on this, please explain..

Google said:
LOOK!!! the website is again showing the price of 2407 as Rs.54000 this time i'm posting a screenshot. what the hell is happening?!?!?
i've just taken the screenie.

screenshot:

and this is the link to the page
sheesh i shud hv known..sm1 told me it retails for 39k n i was thinkin of dng away wth my vx924 and 1800XT add sm and buy that...a budget card will do till directx10 i thot...
whats the best price that one can get on del2407

reviews are few, maybe I will do a review on mine soon. I can tell you, no colour gradients noticeable on higher quality content like DVD's and HD stuff. Gaming is flawless

Hey_There said:
The Samsung 940B is Rs 16500. ;)

About the Dell, I can call em up tomorrow and ask em. ;)

Dell 2007WFP.

Can you find out the best price for 2407..

could it be shade less than 40k

So I called Dell...

Spoke to Maria. She was a darling. :no:

Says, "The DELL 2407 is actually Rs.54000/-, but we have a special offer for you. If you place your order before the 4'th of this month, you'll get a discount of Rs 14000, and two years extended warranty.

We might extend the special offer for a few days more if there's demand."

So I told her a cousin of mine got this thing for ~35K. She says it could depend on circumstance. Wants his cust ID number or full name so she can check. Says it's possible I get a similar discount if I quote his example. :hap2:

Darling doesn't know a thing about any firmware revisions, and I get stuck in a transfer loop. I made someone promise me a call me back in half an hour. That was 10 AM.

But she did email me a pdf on the tech specs. PM if you want it.

as i posted above if nobody read teh 2007fpw After discount is about 29k and the 2407fpw after discount is about 41k,dont forget to ask them about taxes as TAXES are extra

also DELIVERY TIME IS 3-4 WEEKS,thats what the fine print says so its a good month until u get it after they realise the payment

hmm i got the specs frm Dell site...

Just requested a quotation....

upgrading frm VX924 19" to even a better 20" display isnt making me feel gr8...so it has to b above 21" if at all i decide to get smth new...

if 2407 is within 40 incl of tax then my vx924 will be on its way out...

^^the 2407 is Rs.43890 incl. of all taxes as of a week back.

please if somebody bargains a better price, let us know.

also please do enquire about the revisions too.

vij said:
hmm i got the specs frm Dell site...

Just requested a quotation....

upgrading frm VX924 19" to even a better 20" display isnt making me feel gr8...so it has to b above 21" if at all i decide to get smth new...

if 2407 is within 40 incl of tax then my vx924 will be on its way out...

your gfx card has to go with it as well btw

and since u have an SLI board, maybe 7900gt sli or 7950 :p

Rave said:
your gfx card has to go with it as well btw

and since u have an SLI board, maybe 7900gt sli or 7950 :p

naaa...il stick with single 1800XT...il play much lower and wont use screen fit... wont play it at 1920*1200...until dx10 if it can run HL2 and few sports games its more than enough...

also i dont game all that much...

but all this if i find it for 40k max all incl...also maybe this month end...not right now coz cant right now..

i remember sm1 told me 39k sm time back...but looks lk tat price doesnt exist now...

Back