Laptops dell inspiron 14 or studio 14?

We have a latitude at work. They paid something close to 80k i heard a year and a half ago. Build quality isn't good. If you press the area near the lid where the buttons are located, there's a bit of flex. Am not so sure about Dell's quality control in India anymore. Maybe they have better laptops in US.

even i am now turned off from dell india.. even i didn't like my new xps with scratches when i got it new.. you never get this issue with with macs or other brands.. dell is often accused for crappy finishing..

over all i find that dell systems are configured so nicely that they are one of the best performers.. i have issues with my xps for heating and flaw in its design but its performance is great..

studio series should be pretty good for a balance between looks, specs and price..

amol_cool said:
I am sorry but I disagree with you. There are two models in inspiron 14 and one in studio 14 that can be customized. The only difference between two models of inspiron is later one has belkin backpack and creative EP630 earphones with it and is costly by 2k than the first one.

So I compared it directly with the studio 14 which is priced at 40,899 and inspiron 14 is priced at 39,900 both exclusive of taxes. Studio has 4 gb ram PLUS an option to upgrade to 256MB HD3450 while inspiron has 3 gb and no gfx upgrade option. Rest almost everything is the same. So how come inspiron config is better than studio 14 :? However if you don care about looks at all and are sure that you are never gonna need any better graphics then inspiron is better :)

man inspiron has higher proccy options..upto 2.5 whereas studio can only go upto 2.26 and inspiron has LED screen option by default but studio needs to get 5k upgrade for the same - check out this link - http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1&kc=&oc=S540513IN8

inspiron can also be upgraded to 4 gb by paying Rs. 750/- which is not much..

and all this is in better price than studio... but yes, studio is much better in looks and better build quality per se..

yes inspiron has no graphics card upgrade option..

i guess if dell introduces better procy options studio shall be much stronger..

well i order inspiron 14
right now i dont see studio 14 on dell india website

there is no demo model availble for inspiron 14 in croma stores or dell office ,which is kinda disappointing ,but i got demo for studio 14 and 15 ,studio 15 was kinda bulky and studio 14 was portable,and looked like 13 inch studio xps model

but i put my money on inspirion 14,as inspiron is stable series,which is been for a while

i got my inspiron 1440 within 4 days i odered,as i am from bangalore

my review
great performance ,can be used for multi taksing,speakers r good,screen is wider and the display is good
,battery is working good with 5 1/2 hrs back up on dell recommended plan
keyboard is well built and keys r big enuf to press and didnt find it typing uncomfortble
no extra led indicators for wifi bluetooth and battery charging everything is on on screen display .only got a led for power including on the power button and indicators for lan cable

the one that this laptop missed is a hdmi port as i dont have a lcd hd tv i dont think i miss it much and i prefer watching videos or playing games on the laptop

as studio 14 is stopped,one shud either take inspiron 14 or studio 15

i was left with same choice and i choosed inspiron 14 as there been good talk abt inspiron series

my os is windows vista 64 bit and yes u can run 32 bit programs too on this laptop without any issues,most of my programs r 32 bit based ones

ideal choice for a student and the people who surf watch movies listen music,play games like ea sports criket fifa etc and do multi tasking .not recommended for heavy gamers

look is good & solid looking but doesnt have any of those cool designs like studio series or xps series ,but at the end of the day performance matters and the price of latop met by 40 k budget

@mohit i know it has been stopped for overheating issues,i am not sure wether a new model will replace studio 14
@arun ..the lid doesnt feel like cheap plastic its quite solid
@lounge ..inspiron 14 does have graphics upgrade option for extra 2k ...its 512 mb ati radeon card

detailed review for inspiron 14 with pictures

http://www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Dell_Inspiron_1440_Notebook/551-104736-616.html

Back