Dell Inspiron 15R, good deal for 35k?

Gaurish

ex-Mod
Hi,
My friend wants a laptop and asked for my help, I have select the following machine.

Dell Inspiron 15R
  • Processor Intel® Coreâ„¢ i3-370M Processor (2.4Ghz, 4Threads, 3M cache)
  • Memory 2GB (1 X 2 GB) 1 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
  • Video Card ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 - 512MB (India)
  • Hard Drive 320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
  • Optical Drive DVD+/-RW Optical Drive For N-series
  • Audio Solution Integrated Stereo Sound with SRS Premium Sound
  • Wireless Network Card Dell Wireless 1501 802.11b/g/n Half Mini Card
  • Bluetooth Module Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1+EDR) Mini-Card For N-series
  • Carrying Cases Belkin Simple Backpack 15.6' Pitch Black / Soft Gray (Jetset Red) -Retail
  • Operating System FreeDOS OS with CD kit
  • Display 15.6 Widescreen HD WLED Glossy Display with TrueLifeâ„¢ (1366x768)
Price: Rs.34,938.29/-
Good deal or I can find something better in dell or other brands?

yes it is a very good deal...I have one...I am planning to build a new desktop soon...so i will start a sale thread for my Dell15R after some weeks ...

For around 2k less, you also get the same config but a Pentium Gxxxx CPU which is the same as Core i3 but without HyperThreading (which is barely useful in games anyway) and slightly lower clockspeed. But advantage is you get Windows 7 Home Basic with it.

Thanks. I contacted sales rep. she said If you confirm your Order today 13/12/2010; it should be delivered by 31/12/2010. so they would send laptop next year in 2011:| which I think is too long, friend is thinking of buying it from store

How much time does dell take in deliveries?

LifezGooD said:
Gaurish can u point to the link from where ur getting the laptop at that price
Here the link

Gaurish said:
Thanks. I contacted sales rep. she said If you confirm your Order today 13/12/2010; it should be delivered by 31/12/2010. so they would send laptop next year in 2011:| which I think is too long, friend is thinking of buying it from store

How much time does dell take in deliveries?
Here the link
i think they take atleast 15 days... if u will buy from a store even they will order the laptop from dell site only... So imo buy directly from dell ;)...

Call dell and request them that u want the laptop a bit early... tell them that u r going out of town or something... they might deliver the laptop a bit early after hearing this...

Okay, I have been verbally promised delivery date of 7-10days by my account manager whereas on Proforma Invoice, delivery date is of 1st Jan. Further, the discount I am getting is 1% which equals to mere Rs346/-

Any Advice?

Gaurish said:
Okay, I have been verbally promised delivery date of 7-10days by my account manager whereas on Proforma Invoice, delivery date is of 1st Jan. Further, the discount I am getting is 1% which equals to mere Rs346/-

Any Advice?
Dont expect discount from dell lol... BTW are u directly buying from the dell site or from a shop?

discount is less ... ask for more. 750 to 1000 Rs you get easily on laptops. 34 k rounded, tell them that.

puns said:
discount is less ... ask for more. 750 to 1000 Rs you get easily on laptops. 34 k rounded, tell them that.

I have ordered the same configuration with 3 years warranty for 38900.(2GB RAM + 512 MB graphics )

Is it better to have a 2GB RAM + 512 MB graphics card or 3GB RAM. I watch movies , program a lot and play counter strike,FIFA2010 frequently.

dolphin7 said:
I have ordered the same configuration with 3 years warranty for 38900.(2GB RAM + 512 MB graphics )

Is it better to have a 2GB RAM + 512 MB graphics card or 3GB RAM. I watch movies , program a lot and play counter strike,FIFA2010 frequently.
GPU comes in handy during games or even for h/w acceleration. U can always add another 2GB RAM later. (Laptop RAM price is already down to Rs.1600 for 2GB DDR3). But u cant add a GPU later that easily.

Back