Laptops Dell insprion 1464 OS install issue

hi,

i bought a new Dell insprion 1464 with free DOS,
i wanted to install Xp in it, but starting up of windows during installation failed ..., ie screen to select repair/new install etc..

i wanted to know how could i get around it.

i dont have any other OS with me, if some can lend (in bangalore) me windows 7 DVD, it would be great. as i heard windows 7 could be a smoother install

The Normal Xp may not work,you will have to try a diff disk, If u want windows7 i can get it to u.. where do u reside?? i reside close by fun world...

You have change the bios setting. XP doesnt natively support SATA HDD i guess. Happened with my friend's acer and then i had to tweak the bios setting to install XP. Go through TE or search Google. You will get the exact procedure.

And Ya i May not be able to meet you during weekdays and incase you are taking win7 from me get a pendrive along you....

I have a friend of mine in Btm M not sure If he has has it or not i shall confirm it tomo just Pm me tomo morning... and in case he has it you can take it from him...

blackprince said:
hi,

i bought a new Dell insprion 1464 with free DOS,
i wanted to install Xp in it, but starting up of windows during installation failed ..., ie screen to select repair/new install etc..

i wanted to know how could i get around it.

i dont have any other OS with me, if some can lend (in bangalore) me windows 7 DVD, it would be great. as i heard windows 7 could be a smoother install
Dude during start up choose the option to go into BIOS
Within it change Hard Disk Support to IDE from SATA and you wud be up n going. Save the BIOS settings before you exit.

On the hindsight....I suppose windows 7 wud be better for the configuration ur laptop ..i guess its i3.
If installing Windows 7 change back to SATA support

Any problems...Hit Back

sgx100 said:
Dude during start up choose the option to go into BIOS
Within it change Hard Disk Support to IDE from SATA and you wud be up n going. Save the BIOS settings before you exit.

On the hindsight....I suppose windows 7 wud be better for the configuration ur laptop ..i guess its i3.
If installing Windows 7 change back to SATA support

Any problems...Hit Back

i understand, currently xp install is going on , i dont have drivers ,and its not in dell site for XP.

I would prefer win 7,i am looking for some one to lend the media

Back