Laptops Dell laptop order taking ages

greenhorn

Patron
I ordered an Inspiron 15R on 22nd may. I was given the contact number of a sales guy by raj404. The sales guy kept insisting that if I paid on 22nd itself, he could promise me delivery the coming friday (ie the 28th) I had to hunt down and find a friend with a credit card who was willing to make a 50K purchase. Finally I did everything the guy asked me. payment was done, and i sent across my Id proof for corporate discount.

On Monday, I was sent a letter to which I was supposed to answer " I agree" and I did

And then I was asked the next day to send some sort of ID proof. Did so the same day

I assumed that they were on track. Then even on wednesday, it was a no show, and the online order status was still showing that the payment hadnt been verified yet, so I called up the guy, and he was like " will give you an order number in a day or two"

I eventually got the number on Thursday night. And the order status had changed to "work in progress" . he assured me that delivery would be a bit late, monday(31st) now.

I felt that it might not be possible, and asked him for a worst case date. he said friday(4th) at the max.

now the online order status indicates that I'l be recieving it on 9th June :S

Two slipped dates apart(I have a feeling that I'm not getting it tomorrow either) , This sucks :mad:. I was discussing this with a friend who has bought a ton of dell laptops, and he said that dell appeared to have different priorities for different regions. In Pune, he used to get laptops in around a week, while in kerala, its more like two weeks ( even though we're closer to chennai).

I thought dell had great service. Doesn't appear to be so now :|

Sorry for that bro, generally the laptop is delivered within 7-10 business days...

Wont make any excuses but I will also have alook into it and pm you any updates from my end.

May shipment stuck due to rains here ;) As TTM sys June 9th is final date. Should reach u sooner. Dont worry about their service though. They turn up NBD for that 95% of the occasions.(at least in the 7-8 cases that i know)

finally caught up with the sales rep. claims I'll get it by 6/7th

he said he had to get some form or something

this still sucks :|

hmm.... now you got me worried. I just gave the authorisation and id proofs... And have been promised delivery by next thursday.

for me my first desktop took 3 weeks(Came from Malyasia).

After an year ordered a lappy.

The laptop came in 5 Days.....

Later my second desktop also came in 3 or 4 Days of ordering online...

I live in hyderabad....

here the service by dell is awesome..

Dont worry about online status...

Thats abit wrong..

but they could have told me a realistic date. so far, the excuses have been getting the form and verifying the payment which supposedly took 2 days and 1 day extra respectively. still doesnt account for the 1 week + delay

I specifically asked them for a worst case date, and even this is well beyond that day

Online Status doesn't get updated that frequently and the date mentioned also is "Maximum possible delay" :p My status was changed to delivered almost a week after I received my laptop! Also, the delivery date was a week ahead. So don't worry about that.

Regarding delivery difference in various cities, my laptop was shipped from Chennai while the newer ones are being shipped from Gurgaon. I am also from Pune btw.

1. no one coming back from the US = no Asus UL

2. Local MSI dealer increased prices at the last moment, and that too for a lesser config

3. Inspiron R with metallic finish = my major gripe taken care of

4. Prices after discounts = dell, plus i needed intl warranty and on site service

I hate the dell too, but its a minor sacrifice. Beginning to regret it somewhat though :ashamed:

The dell online tracking is useless. They estimate the maximum delay or worst delivery date on the site

You will definetly get it earlier.

Eventually you will be happy that you got it earlier than expected delivery date.

My netbook inspiron mini 10 is was delivered while the status was manufacturing build complete on dell's site.

if they ware delivering by Bluedart. use "78 + ur order number" and track it on bluedarts website that's a better option

Hey Guys,

Ordered a Dell Studio laptop from Dell. It is a core i5 + 1 GB graphics + Full HD + 9 cell + 3 year cc lappie for a great discount. Will let you guys know more abt the exact specs & the amount paid + the discount I got a bit later.

Coming to Dell's delivery, I Paid for it on the 1st of June. But got the order confirmation email which contained the order number only today! But the strange part is I am not able to track the status from the Dell site. When do they update the status in their site? And what details can I expect from the online status tracking? Any info would be appreciated...

Bluedart page:

Pickup Date 04 June 2010

From Chennai

To Thiruvananthapuram

Status In Transit

Await Delivery Information

Expected Date of Delivery 09 June 2010

still no laptop :mad: worst case date my Arsch :mad:

what sort of retarded shipping service takes 5 days to send something from chennai to tvm

I've gotten things faster from mumbai via dtdc :mad:

greenhorn said:
Bluedart page:

what sort of retarded shipping service takes 5 days to send something from chennai to tvm

LOL, I remember how I was glued to the window to watch the Blue Dart vehicle when I got a call that it would be delivered by afternoon. I sat by the window from morning till it arrived :p

I think its sent by Surface, recently bought an item from eBay and seller shipped by BlueDart surface, took about 7 days to reach Mumbai - Cochin. If the tracking number starts with 5, then mostly its surface.

greenhorn said:
Bluedart page:

I know how painfull to wait for a product .My headphones were stuck in post shop as it was long weekend i wanted to break the door and steal my headphones.Just one more day saar you will get it

I've also just ordered an Inspiron 14R from jaj's contact.Paid in the deposit directly at citibank, they say i will get the tracking number only after 3 days..and then about a week more for delivery :/

Back