FS: Laptop DELL Latitude E7450 (i5 5300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD/14" FHD Display/OG Windows 10 Pro)

AjaX222

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Sep 1, 2022
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
None
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Upgraded
Hi,

Putting up on sale my trusty Dell Latitude E7450. Laptop is in mint condition with no dents or nicks on body or screen, but daily usage marks can be found as it was my everyday carry. Gives you decent battery backup of 3-4 hours depending on usage. Purchased from local store (kind of refurbished) in September 2022 and using it since then. No hiccups on regular tasks like MS Office, web browsing and tinkering (android rooting or hackintosh). I used this device as desktop initially in clamshell mode hooked up with 2 monitors (4k & FHD) plus 2 x 3.5" external HDDs and it performed well. Only one thing to note that somehow it is unable to play 4k videos or stream in 4k. All video content till FHD runs like butter. Don't expect this machine to do a multitasking, gaming or any other heavy workload, it will ramp up its fans to fullest in such scenarios but somehow will get work done if you have god level patience.

Only laptop and charger. I will pack it nicely before shipping.

Specifications are as follows:
i5 5300U / 8GB DDR3 RAM / 256GB SSD / 14" FHD Display / OG Windows 10 Pro
Ports: 3xUSB 3.0, HDMI, Mini Display, headphone jack, SD/SC card slots (never used)
Backlit keyboard, trackpad and trackball

Shipping will be at buyer's expense and risk. I will opt for DTDC insured shipping. Asking price is Non Negotiable. If you have any questions, please route it through PM.

Thanks to the community.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 103
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 119
Relevant to this thread. The battery life of these laptops can be vastly improved by running any Linux Distro with kernels 6.2 and up. Requires TLP to be installed with stock configuration.

Bought a Kabylake laptop from TE recently that had like 4 hrs advertised battery life on Windows system notifications and just above 3 hrs in actual usage. No amount of tweaking made any change and I had disabled any antivirus software. Installed MX 23 AHS that came with kernel 6.4 and TLP pre installed. Rather unexpectedly, I got over 8 hrs of browsing without doing any tweaking. The browser in question was Vivaldi and I got similar results with Brave too. OP can test this and advertise a better battery life if he wants.

As far as pricing is concerned, it's definitely on the higher side for a laptop from 8 years back. In fact it can be bought for 19K from Amazon right now with 6 months of warranty. This laptop is guaranteed to be refurbished if it was purchased in 2022 by OP since the processor itself is from 2015. The buyer should be fully aware of this.

Back