PC Peripherals Dell MS 116 mouse scrolling problem

sid41299

Disciple
I've been using this mouse for five years now, and recently the scrolling has become extremely sticky and broken, especially scrolling down. It's impossible to scroll the page down more than a few "sections" because the input keeps jumping back (in the video below I'm only scrolling down, not up).

I want to try and clean it inside, but I don't see any screws on the thing. Can it even be fixed? If not, what are some good cheap non-gaming mice with side buttons?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Desktop 2023.02.09 - 12.06.34.01.gif
    Desktop 2023.02.09 - 12.06.34.01.gif
    443.9 KB · Views: 64
screw(s) must be behind the sticker or mouse feets. It can be fixed temporarily by cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol or sticking a small piece of paper (folded) inside the hole where the scroll wheel is fitted (this lasts a bit more).

screw(s) must be behind the sticker or mouse feets. It can be fixed temporarily by cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol or sticking a small piece of paper (folded) inside the hole where the scroll wheel is fitted (this lasts a bit more).

The paper method works quite well. It can last for almost one year before you need to replace the paper.

Back