Monitors Dell or LG - LED Monitor

Deepcee

Disciple
I've figured it's about time I switched to an LED monitor and had pretty much narrowed down my choice to the Dell ST2220L.

That was until I happened to bump into the LG E2260V. IMO, it looks a whole lot better, but I'm not quite sure if LG has the same after sales service as Dell does. Dell offers a 3 year warranty right?

Usage would primarily be for work (Maya) +360+Diablo 3. Plus the regular movie watching and PC gaming.
I definitely need a monitor with HDMI which is why I picked the Dell. LG seems pretty snazzy too though.

My plan is to hook up the 360 to the HDMI and use the audio out from the monitor to hook up my speakers. PC connected via DVI. So, will it be the Dell or LG (comparing colour reproduction,response time..etc) ? Any suggestions for another monitor in the same price range? (<10k).

Current Rig
Phenom II X6 1055T
Gigabyte 880GM UD2H
4 gigs Corsair XMS3 - 1333
8800 GTS (640) - Soon to be replaced with a DCII Top Gtx 670
Corsair HX620

Deepcee, I recommend that you go for either of the following monitors --

Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [as you have already planned, also because the Dell after sales service network is great]
BenQ E2420HD ~11900/- [a 24" TN panel, slightly out of your budget but if you feel like it you can buy it]
AOC i2251Fwe ~10000/- [a 21.5" full HD IPS-panel based product, this will be better than the other monitors if you wish to have good colour reproduction and viewing angles]

Response time is high on the AOC panel, it is as high as ~14ms. This means ghosting issues in gaming. Let other users pitch in with their experience.

AOC India site.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Hmm...looks like the availability of the Dell might be an issue.

Pondering the BenQ GL2250HM as well now.
Who handles BenQ's after sales service? Comparable to Dell?

Back