Laptops Dell - Order Cancellation problems

Hello everyone,

I ordered a Dell Studio 14 on the 23rd of June. While booking the laptop, the customer service representative confirmed that I will positively receive my laptop by the 30th of June.

When I called up the Dell customer care on the 25th of June to check on my Order Status, I was told that I would receive my laptop only by the 9th of July as there is a huge demand for Studio laptops. I then told the customer care representative that I was promised that the laptop would be delivered by the 30th of June and that is the only reason I happened to buy one. I then asked if I could cancel my order as 9th July is way too long a wait. To this, the representative gave a reference number and asked me to call back Dell the next day to check if it is possible to cancel the order.

The next day, the Dell representative who initially sold the laptop called me asking if I called anyone from Dell regarding cancellation. I then told him the story and he again reiterated that it will be delivered by 1st of July max. I agreed to his promise.

When I now goto the Order Status page of the Dell website and key in my details, my status shows as, "Order Canceled".

I want to know how this is possible when the customer care representative confirmed my delivery for the 1st of July. And is it true that my order has been canceled and if yes, then how many days would it take for the money to be credited back to my credit card and will there be any cancellation chargers?

Request you to please help me out.

Regards,

Raj

You need to speak with Dell on monday and clarify this issue out. At the end of the conversation ask them to confirm the decision over email for your record.

The money wont be credited back to your account but you'll get a DD with the amount , so you can now enjoy the cashback/reward points for a 50000 rs worth of a purchase :p .. also , you might want to give those buggers a severe thrashing and get the cancellation undone .

Dell has taken a nosedive with its after sales service quility and delivery timelines along with the customer care , i wont even list my sad experiences that wasted more than a months time because of this stupid company with such unwise company standards .. and who doesnt give a shit to its customers .

Damn! That's insane!

Arihant, do you by any chance have an estimate time by when I'll get the DD?

And what's your experience with Dell? The ONLY reason I bought Dell over any other brand is their After sales service. Guess I made a bad decision!

The after sales has been tremendous in my case at least. It is best to have completecover support and extend it if money permits. AFAIK u can extend warranty by 1 or 2 years if your currenty warranty has not expired, and it used to be very decently priced.

MohitPreet said:
rightly siad but tell me which company gives shit to its customers now
if not dell then no one!!

i have a problem with how overrated dell's' customer support has been here.. the technical support guys , for even the smallest of problems .. makes it a 1 hour call just for the heck of it .. and then their engineers that they send .. knows nothing about even disassembling a system .. broke my friend's LCD bezel while changing his LCD which went kaput like 15 days after.. the dellivery time .. all the procedures . the response time .. everything is beyond a level of acceptance.

The only feature that appeals the customer is the onsite warranty .. and as i heard , even HP provides Onsite warranty for its products for a little bit more but then you get a rugged machine with better quality products where you can be assured that they wont keep on getting kaput after the warranty is over.. you can be happy that you dont have a system with that stupid filmsy plastic used for you laptop enclosure and build...

Overall the point i want to make is .. that the DELL's CUSTOMER SERVICE/ AFTER SALES SERVICE IS SIMPLY OVERRATED .

Well I got my Studio 15 within 5 days of placing the order despite of the fact that I live in Haryana & laptop came from Bangalore [ LOL Bangalore :D ]

Dell sucks @ warranty dept sometimes but also rocks sometimes !!!

instance 1:

they promise next day advanced business exchange but in case of my 3008wfp the lead time for replacement was 2 months with no assurance or relief from dell..

reason:

sir we dont sell 30inch lcds everyday hence we dont stock.

my answer: thn wtf mean advanced business day exchange and premium panel warranty

she says: sorry saar, this is wat i can do for u. better wait.

my answer: wat more can i do after investin 80k in ur company

she says: 2 months is the min lead time saar, mite take more than that, kindly get a substitute lcd from ur frnd or relative..

i say: just get the replacemnt freakin done.. dont teach me things even a toddler knows...

56 days later i get the lcd.

story ends ****

instance 2:

Dell 2408wfp

3 times replaced.

all lcd replaced in 2 days after complaint.

hence to conclude

dells like an pandoras box.. wat it was for u one day mite not be on another

warm regards

DM

^ Even for instance 2 , just think about what stupid crap did they send one after another . 3 replacement for an LCD ? i have a friend of mine and his office is equipped with like 25 samsung LCDs and none of them have i seen going kaput.

and then i have a friend with an E248wfp which developed some dark spots on the LCD , again unusual ,got a replacement in 3 days and the new monitor now has some really stupid backlighting issues.

i'm tired.

Guys, i'm also planning to order a Dell Studio lappy but not sure if i should order one online or pay up at the Dell Experience booth at Croma (Bangalore) . The Dell rep there assured me that the processing speed is faster if money is paid directly to them, rather than placing it online.

Need your help pls.

TIA.

If you find a Dell Experience booth like in Croma, you can either pay by Debit/Credit or cash on the spot. Your order will processed immediately in a few hrs or max a day. But an online order, they only accept a credit card or a DD and order is processed only once the payment's done.
nandu26 said:
I am also planning to buy a laptop but don't know what kind of payment methods they accept?

People,

Thank you so much for your replies. :)

Just a quick update: I called up the customer care today in the morning and was told that my order has been changed to "Express Delivery" status and hence there is a change in my order number.

I checked my order status using my new order number and it is in "Manufacturing Build Complete" stage.

Hope I would receive my laptop at the earliest!

^ thats good to hear.

One of my good friends ordered a Studio 15 on last Thursday late evening (6:45pm) and it got delivered Monday (today) afternoon (12:30pm) in B'lore.

Another friend of mine had ordered a 2209W HD monitor on Tuesday (about 2-3 months back) and the same was delivered same Friday.

Back