Monitors DELL S2216H Monitor Issue (Backlight Bleeding)

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

Here is my story, why I wish you NOT TO BUY Dell Monitors (I think they may follow same with their other hardware units also)

I bought Dell S2216H monitor 5 days before and from day 1 it’s showing some issue and when I contact DELL INDIA customer care (Saturday/Sunday they are closed) they ask me to accept REFURBISHED monitor in Place of my New Monitor…

Can any one imagine what was my situation when they offer this…..

Every visitor who visit this thread/post if are from India..keep in mind that DO NOT accept DELL product if manufacturing date printed on BOX is 15 days or old…

As DELL India siting on reason that the monitor I purchased is Manufactured 8 month Ago… hence they will not provide me New Monitor…

To Dell India …. “This is NOT MY FAULT that your dealer/distributor sold me that monitor …. (It’s BOX PACKED SEALED Product, it’s NOT FOOD ITEM that I should ask dealer to provide me latest date product)… isn’t it mean that DELL QUALITY CONTROL is worst that their product can’t even sustain good & perfect condition for 8 Month After it’s has been made?"

No wonder why people start choosing Benq, Asus, LG, HP etc.

What is use of Dell India 3 Years Warranty ..... when their product can't even sustain for 3 days....

DELL India selling product JUST SITING on old reputation… their products and service are not good as it was prior to 2010.

In future I will never ever by ANY Dell Product… .

May be your story is different & good with Dell India but this is how they treat me....,

Thanks for reading...

Last edited:
Is it not the date on the purchase invoice that your warranty is honored from? Did you check with them on this?[DOUBLEPOST=1462782664][/DOUBLEPOST]@Section Mods - Please move this to the appropriate section (I believe this should belong to feedback) :) @Crazy_Eddy if you can help.

Is it not the date on the purchase invoice that your warranty is honored from? Did you check with them on this?[DOUBLEPOST=1462782664][/DOUBLEPOST]@Section Mods - Please move this to the appropriate section (I believe this should belong to feedback) :) @Crazy_Eddy if you can help.

Yes, and becuase of it's manufactured in Sep 2015 and I bought it on May 2016 they offer me refurbished.. otherwise there is no reason to offer refurbished for just a 5 days old monitor.

If you deduct The Day I bought (late in Night) + Saturday + Sunday than the monitor is just 36 hrs old when I contact them....

Yes, and becuase of it's manufactured in Sep 2015 and I bought it on May 2016 they offer me refurbished.. otherwise there is no reason to offer refurbished for just a 5 days old monitor.

If you deduct The Day I bought (late in Night) + Saturday + Sunday than the monitor is just 24 hrs old when I contact them....
Could you specify what was their exact comment in reply to the invoice date? Or If you haven't challenged it yet, I would urge you to challenge it.

All electronics goes by the theory of invoice date against the manufacturing date. Some of them even honor the manufacturing date for warranty if you had lost the invoice.

Could you specify what was their exact comment in reply to the invoice date? Or If you haven't challenged it yet, I would urge you to challenge it.

All electronics goes by the theory of invoice date against the manufacturing date. Some of them even honor the manufacturing date for warranty if you had lost the invoice.

Dell Telly Customer Service person took all my + monitors details.... and latter told we will provide you refurbished monitor after our engineer visit your place and inspect monitor condition....

I asked him why refurbished? .... I want new... than he replied "with us you will get REFURBISHED ONLY and if you want NEW than go to place from where you bought and your seller (via his distributor) will arrange NEW FOR YOU".... talk over.... (Have a nice day.... thanks for contacting dell and he hook up)

Date on the invoice is calculated when warranty is calculated. Call customer care again or escalate the matter

Every time they ask some 9 digit number (service tag) and if you don't have than press that... press this... again press that... again press this.... and finally who came on call he/she is not from Monitor department... so again he/she hook me some time and suddenly a person ask me what is the issue and....finally he offer me REFURBISHED...

Though I contacted them for FIRST TIME only.. but it took mine 15-20 minutes to get right person to talk with....

Every time they ask some 9 digit number (service tag) and if you don't have than press that... press this... again press that... again press this.... and finally who came on call he/she is not from Monitor department... so again he/she hook me some time and suddenly a person ask me what is the issue and....finally he offer me REFURBISHED...

Though I contacted them for FIRST TIME only.. but it took mine 15-20 minutes to get right person to talk with....
If I am not wrong, you can register your product in Dell site with the date of invoice to honor the warranty.

Also, its fair to check with the seller for a replacement since its bought just a day or two before. You dont have to accept a DOA product from any seller and take it to manufacturer for replacement.

Above all, just chill and try to get it sorted in the right way.

I can understand your condition at present but would urge you not to panic and loose your sleep over this. Few suggestions from my side.

1) Approach your local re-seller/dealer first and check replacement possibility.
2) IIRC, @ryanrulez4ever is associated with Dell. Do check with him if he can help you.
3) Another option is use of social media with valid proof viz. bill.

Hope this matter solves quickly.

No, dell is pretty pathetic in warranty. They'll replace your monitors as long as they're in warranty but you'll always get refurbished ones. Never new. Also friend changed 3-32 inch monitors until he got fed up and told them to shove it

Only within first 21 days you get a replacement as NEW and globally it is the case. Dell does give replacement as new for monitors but they are the most expensive ones.
What is the invoice date for the monitor. Not the manufacture date but the date when you purchased the monitor.

Friends,

I bought it on 05-05-2016 (Manufacturing Date Sept-2015), from Offline Seller with legit Vat. Paid Invoice.

I asked dealer and he said he will replace only if DEAD PIXEL is there.... but this is not dead pixel issue ....

I talk to dell Customer Care (09-05-2016) and I found him UNFRIENDLY...

I think DELL MUST know this issue in ADVANCE (from buyer/seller/user worldwide feed back)...

He just ask me to set monitor to factory setting .... I did .. and reply him that I still can see SPOT....

He gave me ONLY 1 Option ... either Accept Refurbished one or .....

When I request him to send Dell Engineer at my place to inspect and if they find it as LEGIT ISSUE than only I will ask for Replacement else I have no intention to send it just for fun...

But the person told me that if Dell Engineer Visit than I JUST CAN'T refuse to exchange Monitor with Refurbishes one... I MUST HAVE TO ACCEPT Refurbished one....

I don't know why he keep insisting to accept REFURBISHED for just (3 days old monitor)...

Thanks for all of your suggestions.[DOUBLEPOST=1462979448][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Emperor Try sending email to Michael Dell his staff most of time helps to resolve issues.

Hi suds,

Please Post or PM me Michael email id

Thanks

Friends,

I bought it on 05-05-2016 (Manufacturing Date Sept-2015), from Offline Seller with legit Vat. Paid Invoice.

I asked dealer and he said he will replace only if DEAD PIXEL is there.... but this is not dead pixel issue ....

I talk to dell Customer Care (09-05-2016) and I found him UNFRIENDLY...

I think DELL MUST know this issue in ADVANCE (from buyer/seller/user worldwide feed back)...

He just ask me to set monitor to factory setting .... I did .. and reply him that I still can see SPOT....

He gave me ONLY 1 Option ... either Accept Refurbished one or .....

When I request him to send Dell Engineer at my place to inspect and if they find it as LEGIT ISSUE than only I will ask for Replacement else I have no intention to send it just for fun...

But the person told me that if Dell Engineer Visit than I JUST CAN'T refuse to exchange Monitor with Refurbishes one... I MUST HAVE TO ACCEPT Refurbished one....

I don't know why he keep insisting to accept REFURBISHED for just (3 days old monitor)...

Thanks for all of your suggestions.[DOUBLEPOST=1462979448][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hi suds,

Please Post or PM me Michael email id

Thanks
Did u ask them to honor warranty as per invoice date?

Back