WTB DELL S2240L MONITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont buy from any online shop esp. flipkart and amazon as Dell wont honor warranty.

Also this model is a newer model and is running and much popular, so I really doubt you'll find any second hand deal sooner.
Unless anybody willing to go for an upsize.

Why not visit some local shop and strike a good deal as you are buying 2 monitors.

I did the same but for a single one.;)

Dont buy from any online shop esp. flipkart and amazon as Dell wont honor warranty.

Also this model is a newer model and is running and much popular, so I really doubt you'll find any second hand deal sooner.
So are you saying on the basis of that banner that used to appear before on Dell site. Can you find it now?
That was due to pressure from retailers. Dell would definitely honor warranty for any product that is bought in India which has
1. Tax paid bill
2. The serial numbers of products imported in India by its distributors.

Tax paid bill is enough.

Amazon, Snapdeal and Flipkart are keeping Grey sellers at bay. So no problems whatsoever, Oh I recently bought S2240L from Amazon.

Why not visit some local shop and strike a good deal as you are buying 2 monitors.

I did the same but for a single one.;)
Yes I do agree that's why still I didn't buy it from e-commerce sites
So are you saying on the basis of that banner that used to appear before on Dell site. Can you find it now?
That was due to pressure from retailers. Dell would definitely honor warranty for any product that is bought in India which has
1. Tax paid bill

Tax paid bill is enough.

Amazon, Snapdeal and Flipkart are keeping Grey sellers at bay. So no problems whatsoever, Oh I recently bought S2240L from Amazon.
I don't think they do coz when I checked in their web site they clearly mentioned that AMAZON.IN is not a approved seller for them
If you bought from them IMO you can only avail warranty via SNO
http://www.dell.com/in/p/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426095795967.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1426095795967.png
    587.4 KB · Views: 138
1. Tax paid bill

Tax paid bill is enough.

Not believing on any AD or banner or such news but Dell have specifically and very clearly mentioned on their own Indian website as well. In fact you too have attached the snapshot here but have read more in detail.
Hence I didnt bought from Amazon. Why risk warranty for mere 3-400 bucks???
Playing safe is the only major factor while buying online esp. such products. And end of the day, piece of mind counts and matters a lot !!

The price difference is nearly 1k from the local market and online. Local market quotes 8850 and online its 7800.
Amazon or snapdeal or flipkart are never an authorized resellers. Not even my local shop waala is an authorized reseller.

On a safe side, If you have ordered From Amazon or snapdeal, you can check the serial tag on the website, If the dell site warranty is not applicable on the product, you can return the product within 30/45days.

Last edited:
Yep thats option too but again hassles of checking and returning and awaiting refund etc..
I got it for 8.1k locally.

Who said the products from online retailers doesn't have warranty?
Flipkart & Amazon clearly say that this product does have 3 years warranty. See the product pages & read the reviews.

(Buy only from the sellers with 'Flipkart Advantage' badge or 'Amazon Fulfilled' badge.)

Local retailers always quote Rs. 1000-2000 higher than online price. I really doubt that they buy it from Amazon and resell. ;)

Is there any such link for Dell India users to verify their product online?

I tried this link & this one but it isnt accepting the 20 digit serial no.
I don't think we have specific link to check dell warrant status. if we want to know the warranty status IMO we should call their customer support or we should mail them along with 20digit PPID NO

Last edited:
Yes I just figured out that.
The CC asks for some order no. which is printed on the monitor box itself. and then asks for Dell
Piece Part Identification (PPID) 20 digit code.:arghh:

Pretty painful process coz when we buy monitors from either a local retailer or online we just get a plain bill copy denoting just the serial no, model and price.:banghead:

Wish they had something easy like their laptops and pcs verification or like seagate and wd.

@nRiTeCh Can you just try entering that 7 digit service tag number which is there at the back of your monitor.

@swatkats could u pls call dell support and ask them abt warranty of ur product & update here so I can decide to go on or not
Thnx in advance
Frankly, my monitor is yet to arrive. I have serial number with me (I downloaded invoice already), I will confirm the warranty. But i am sure there is nothing like denying warranty for products purchased online ( I can sue them in consumer courts) & moreover defect products from Dell is a rare case just like iPhones. Quality is the reason why people buy their products.

@nRiTeCh Can you just try entering that 7 digit service tag number which is there at the back of your monitor.

Frankly, my monitor is yet to arrive. I have serial number with me (I downloaded invoice already), I will confirm the warranty. But i am sure there is nothing like denying warranty for products purchased online ( I can sue them in consumer courts) & moreover defect products from Dell is a rare case just like iPhones. Quality is the reason why people buy their products.
Nope there isnt any such service tag or 7 digit code. It was there in very old dell monitors. Now what we have is just that 20 digit code.
I already did some homework on Google but sadly this is a global issue just pertaining to their monitors.

Also I'm not that concerned about warranty as I bought my monitor from a very reputed shop like primeabgb so no issues on warranty.
But just curious on how to check the same online.

Also I'm not that concerned about warranty as I bought my monitor from a very reputed shop like primeabgb so no issues on warranty.
But just curious on how to check the same online.
As I told there is no way to check it in online only way is shoot a mail them then you will get confirmation mail from them

Did all that. The software sucks. Coz I dint installed any drivers and was on the default Pnpmonitor driver...who cares? But for this, downloaded and installed drivers and dell tool detected it but it has nothing to do with that warranty checker thing. Thus was a waste of time.

Right now you can get it for about ~7.1k from Amazon using the giftbig 5% off on Amazon gift card offer. I bought one using their offer a few days back and will get the monitor this Saturday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back