PC Peripherals Dell S2240L Vs BenQ GW2255

hitesh12

Adept
If I have to choose between them, which one should I choose ?

Dell advantages-
IPS (over VA)

BenQ advantages -
Better contrast ratio (3000:1 vs 1000:1 and 20M:1 vs 8M:1)
1k cheaper
Better response time (6ms vs 7ms; though no difference in practical use)
So what are opinion guys ?

Ive been using a BenqGl2450HM for almost a year now ... It runs smooth and splendid ... have owned a samsung viewsonic as well as Dell monitors ... varying between 17 inches to a 22 widescreen (dell) to a 20 inch from samsung .. but I have to say .. benq does have some well built crisp quality monitors and as you've mentioned Movies and gaming .. well id suggest you got for the benq its value for money and their warranty and rma is top notch in comparision

I agree its a TN panel but as the Op suggested the primary use being gaming and movies .. it has a low response time .. and comparatively the colors on the IPS are more crisp .. had the OP suggested the use as photography or editing or animation i would have advised him to go for an IPS ...TN monitors do consume less power .. and are still value for money over an IPS monitor .. and VA combines the benefits of the both.. also .. from what my understanding is ( I'm not a professional photographer.. but I have indulged and helped a few friends of mine ..with animation projects and such) Dell Ips monitors do have a flickering issue which still hasn't been solved by my reckoning ... Asus however have really done some great developments in that aspect ..but you hardly find a lot many of their monitors here in India .. at the end of the day .. Its the Op's choice ..^^

Back