Laptops Dell studio 15

Me too using the Studio 15. Just that mine is 1537 and the new ones are 1555. I have a T6400 processor. Regarding other brands, Dell is the best still when it comes to the config and price for that. It's the cheapest. Also while placing the order, I got my octrai waived off which was almost Rs.3000. Also after arguing got a free wireless bluetooth mouse worth Rs.1500 from them. You might wanna try that!

Go for topo black instead of black. The one you are talking is a bit hard to clean when it comes to your fingerprints. Topo black has glossy finish and can be cleaned using a simple cloth.

EDIT: Why don't you get one when you go to US then. You will get it at a much cheaper price there. You can get the above lappy for not more than 35k in US if you look for some deals. e.g. deals2buy

amol_cool said:
Me too using the Studio 15. Just that mine is 1537 and the new ones are 1555. I have a T6400 processor. Regarding other brands, Dell is the best still when it comes to the config and price for that. It's the cheapest. Also while placing the order, I got my octrai waived off which was almost Rs.3000. Also after arguing got a free wireless bluetooth mouse worth Rs.1500 from them. You might wanna try that!

Go for topo black instead of black. The one you are talking is a bit hard to clean when it comes to your fingerprints. Topo black has glossy finish and can be cleaned using a simple cloth.

You Customised and Ordered the Lappy from Dell Site??? And also please give some light on the Arguing Part, I mean How you got Additional Accessories??? :)

mrintech said:
You Customised and Ordered the Lappy from Dell Site??? And also please give some light on the Arguing Part, I mean How you got Additional Accessories??? :)

Ah that one... well I just 'bluffed' that my friend ordered just two days ago the same model and he got 5k discount on the price mentioned on the site and without using any coupon. The guy over there told me that it's not possible in my case however. Then I said, HP too had almost similar laptop for Rs.45k (which was actually 49k) :p and he said he will talk to his supervisor. Then he said he cannot give me further cash discount but can throw in a free bluetooh mouse which is worth Rs.1500. I gave up and said yes. But it was after I received the mouse that I realised its price :D It's just great and now I can't use my laptop without it!

This is the one:

http://popshing.com/pop_shine/Listing images/dell_bluetooth_mouse.gif

eBay.com.my: 1100DPI Dell Wireless Bluetooth Mouse Mice By Logitech (item 360161977673 end time Jul 11, 2009 23:23:39 MYT)

And ya I ordered a customized laptop as the difference was almost 4k in the online price and retail price in my case. I got my piece for Rs.47,891 when I ordered it in Jan this year. My friend who 'really' purchased it from a retailer 15 days later got the exact same model WITHOUT the mouse for Rs.51,500.

amol_cool said:
Ah that one... well I just 'bluffed' that my friend ordered just two days ago the same model and he got 5k discount on the price mentioned on the site and without using any coupon. The guy over there told me that it's not possible in my case however. Then I said, HP too had almost similar laptop for Rs.45k (which was actually 49k) :p and he said he will talk to his supervisor. Then he said he cannot give me further cash discount but can throw in a free bluetooh mouse which is worth Rs.1500. I gave up and said yes. But it was after I received the mouse that I realised its price :D It's just great and now I can't use my laptop without it!

This is the one:

http://popshing.com/pop_shine/Listing images/dell_bluetooth_mouse.gif

eBay.com.my: 1100DPI Dell Wireless Bluetooth Mouse Mice By Logitech (item 360161977673 end time Jul 11, 2009 23:23:39 MYT)

And ya I ordered a customized laptop as the difference was almost 4k in the online price and retail price in my case. I got my piece for Rs.47,891 when I ordered it in Jan this year. My friend who 'really' purchased it from a retailer 15 days later got the exact same model WITHOUT the mouse for Rs.51,500.

Hey Thats Cool :hap2:

BTW Tell me one thing if Dell is quoting Rs. 45,900/- for a Laptop in it's Site, than How much will be additional Taxes???

Also I heard that an additional amount of Rs. 900/- is also required for Shipping Laptop from Dell Office to Home.

Please Clear :)

P.S: I am planning to buy a Dell Lappy in a couple of days. :eek:hyeah:

mrintech said:
Hey Thats Cool :hap2:

BTW Tell me one thing if Dell is quoting Rs. 45,900/- for a Laptop in it's Site, than How much will be additional Taxes???

Also I heard that an additional amount of Rs. 900/- is also required for Shipping Laptop from Dell Office to Home.

Please Clear :)

P.S: I am planning to buy a Dell Lappy in a couple of days. :eek:hyeah:

Well depending on which city you live (for octroi and taxes) add anywhere between 2.5k to 3.5k to that price. This is including the Rs.900 that is charged for the delivery. However, as I said that they also give discount on the site mentioned price it usually ends up just about 1k higher than the site quoted MRP. It will take about 7-10 days to ship again depending on your city and the model you are asking. They ship via bluedart usually. From the price you quoted, it seems that you are going for the 'Most Popular Version of Studio 15'. I also liked the new artistic edition which is about 2k higher than this one. :)

amol_cool said:
Well depending in which city you live (for octroi and taxes) add anywhere between 2.5k to 3.5k to that price. This is including the Rs.900 that is charged for the delivery. However, as I said that they also give discount on the site mentioned price it usually ends up just about 1k higher than the site quoted MRP. It will take about 7-10 days to ship again depending on your city and the model you are asking. They ship via bluedart usually. From the price you quoted, it seems that you are going for the 'Most Popular Version of Studio 15'. I also liked the new artistic edition which is about 2k higher than this one. :)

Yo! Dude Thanks for Information

You are getting it right I am planning to buy the Dell Lappy with 4 GB RAM + 500 GB HDD + ATI Graphic Card :eek:hyeah:

BTW I live in Bhopal (M.P), but many of mine friends live in major Metro cities (rather say across India :p), so according to you which city will be the cheapest in terms of octroi etc. ? :)

mrintech said:
Yo! Dude Thanks for Information

You are getting it right I am planning to buy the Dell Lappy with 4 GB RAM + 500 GB HDD + ATI Graphic Card :eek:hyeah:

BTW I live in Bhopal (M.P), but many of mine friends live in major Metro cities (rather say across India :p), so according to you which city will be the cheapest in terms of octroi etc. ? :)
Sorry but I don't know which would be the cheapest in terms of octroi. However the difference won't be higher than 1k in any case so it doesn't matter much I guess :)
The lappy you are going for is great dude. Yours has a ATI 512 MB HD 4750 while mine has just ATI 256 MB HD3450. :( But then 5 months ago this too was a lot :p

amol_cool said:

EDIT: Why don't you get one when you go to US then. You will get it at a much cheaper price there. You can get the above lappy for not more than 35k in US if you look for some deals. e.g. deals2buy

I'm getting it even cheaper on bestbuy.com than on deals2buy.com.

Code:
Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6500
4GB DDR2 SDRAM memory
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
15.6" WXGA TrueLife widescreen LED display
320GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD graphics
Built-in webcam
8-in-1 digital media reader
1 IEEE 1394 port and 2 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
Built-in Dell 1397 wireless networking mini-card (802.11b/g)
Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet network card
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating system

Bestbuy is offering this config for $649 and the deals2buy price for the same config is $699.

lazyme said:
I'm getting it even cheaper on bestbuy.com than on deals2buy.com.

Code:
Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6500

4GB DDR2 SDRAM memory

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

15.6" WXGA TrueLife widescreen LED display

320GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD graphics

Built-in webcam

8-in-1 digital media reader

1 IEEE 1394 port and 2 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

Built-in Dell 1397 wireless networking mini-card (802.11b/g)

Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet network card

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating system

Bestbuy is offering this config for $649 and the deals2buy price for the same config is $699.

Cool that's great! I just gave you an example however :). You might also try refurbished laptops there if you don't have any problem. You can get a real deal for 40-50% of the price! Many of my friends use them and are quite happy with it.

EDIT: The above you have shown doesn't have dedicated graphics card in case you missed it out ;)

I've just placed an order for a Studio 15 and plan bargain a lot . Last time I bargained for Dell Inspiron1525 and got Rs.1800 bucks cash discount, a 9-Cell Battery(used to cost 6K then) and a Backpack Free. This time its Dell Studio 15 with P8600 + 256 ATI 4650( I don't think 512mb makes any difference) + Ruby RED + 1 yr-Complete Cover.

I'll use the HP Lappy Tactic for sure ; mention a friend :p who got it for cheaper ; Tell I'm already getting a similar config at a better price :hap5:. Please share any other bahanas that I can use to get a good bargain.

Also Dell Complete Cover warranty's for 3yrs(Rs.9500), if after 2yrs6months I manage to break it without any sign of intentional damage would they still cover it and replace?

Thank You.

well, i've just bought the same model. came to me yesterday. 64bit Os+ creative drivers dont seem to be working. ( i paid extra for the upgrade). any existing users can throw some light?

I got a call from dell guy and settled for a final quotation of Rs.53250/- delivered to my address. Need your suggestions whether to go for it or to look for a better bargain.

Dell Studio 15

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 3MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium SP1 32 bit (English)

3GB (1X1GB + 1X2GB) DDR2 SDRAM

Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

512MB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

320GB SATA Hard Drive 5400rpm

1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection

Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Noise Isolation Ear Buds Creative EP-630

Ruby Red Colour with Black U-Trim

15.6” 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™

Dell Online Backup 2GB

Belkin Simple Backpack 15.6' Soft Gray (Jetset Red)

Dell Premium Portable Laser Mouse

P.S.

the upgrade package of

512MB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + 4gb DDR2 SD RAM + 500gb 5400rpm SATA

will get a free belkin backpack.

Cheers.

aman.pitbull said:
I got a call from dell guy and settled for a final quotation of Rs.53250/- delivered to my address. Need your suggestions whether to go for it or to look for a better bargain.

Dell Studio 15
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 3MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium SP1 32 bit (English)
3GB (1X1GB + 1X2GB) DDR2 SDRAM
Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
512MB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
320GB SATA Hard Drive 5400rpm
1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card
6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Noise Isolation Ear Buds Creative EP-630
Ruby Red Colour with Black U-Trim
15.6†720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™
Dell Online Backup 2GB
Belkin Simple Backpack 15.6' Soft Gray (Jetset Red)
Dell Premium Portable Laser Mouse

P.S.
the upgrade package of
512MB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + 4gb DDR2 SD RAM + 500gb 5400rpm SATA
will get a free belkin backpack.

Cheers.
Go for the upgrade package then and instead of the laser mouse go with bluetooth travel mouse. Trust me when you get you can't get off it :p :)

lazyme said:
Yes even I heard about refurbished laptops. Should I personally go to stores and check for refurbs?

Yes you would have to go personally for that. If you are luck you might get a almost new lappy for just half the price and with warranty as well :) What's more even there are discounts on the already discounted price too :D So just make your timings right! :p

Back