PC Peripherals Dell U2412 - IPS - 24" - 1920*1200

Connectivity reduced - No HDMI ports, 1 DVI port (U2410 had an HDMI port and 2 DVI ports), no component/composite video, no card reader on the sides, plus an led backlit e-IPS panel. I can understand why this panel is cheaper than U2410.

Dell China has put it for 2107 RMB under displays. Roughly equivalent to 15k INR not taking into account added taxes and import duties. So this display in all probability might retail for under the 20k mark. I think the U2410 for the added 4~5k is worth it.

^Yeah, but I want to see whether this has any uniformity issues as compared to the U2410. The U2410s were pathetic in this regard. The 2209WA is 6 bit E-IPS as well.

TechHead said:
^Yeah, but I want to see whether this has any uniformity issues as compared to the U2410. The U2410s were pathetic in this regard. The 2209WA is 6 bit E-IPS as well.

Yes there are such issues:

Dear communitiy, I have got a new U2412M from Dell and experience a really bad backlight homogenity wich is noticable by dark borders in the two lower right and left corners and the complete bottom border as well. I would like to know, if this is a common issue with this monitor and has to be accepted due to the low price. I personal have seen better TN based monitors and I am somehow disappointed since I expected a better performance from IPS and LED technology.

Re: U2412 backlight homongenity - Monitors Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

TechHead said:
Getting this for 18.3k with 3 year warranty through my company's Dell account. Awesome deal, nearly the same as US pricing.
Despite the issues this thing has? :S

Sent from my GT-N7000 using T'talk Pro

SMC was retailing it for 20k shipping inclusive sometime back. Not sure what the current pricing is.

Back