Laptops DELL VOSTRO 1550 Laptop GIVING NIGHTMARES ......

Recently got a DELL VOSTRO 1550 laptop which showed trouble recently when the left internal speakers started cracking at all volume level.

when called up the so called DELL SUPPORT SERVICES for the warranty replacement(it's in warranty period) of it they said "It's a Business level model so it contains poor speakers".And blamed it all on the 3rd party software VLC player .

But the trouble still exists in windows MEDIA PLAYER too and now telling to Pay for the replacement of new Speakers:annoyed: . Any Suggestions how to Deal with the service support a.k.a SALES SHARKS:scared14: ????????thanx for your input and suggestions .:)

Thats their classic excuse and this is hardware which has been covered in warranty and it has to be replaced.
Simple as that.

You have to be firm with dell india support.

They are bunch of stupid illogical guys.

Dude, the vostro is an entry level model (read sasta and tikaav model), there sure is a logic in what they say, cos the speakers can only handle specific DB levels, the cracking is cos of diaphram tearing up due to extra wear and tear resulting due to extra volume levels (Wear and tear is not covered with any type of warranty by any company), if you really want boom boom speakers then get a usb based external speakers like xmini and the likes, if you want good inbuilt speakers go for Inspiron or XPS,

Vostro is a very basic business Series it was made with a consideration of a working professional who wouldnt have multimedia or watching movies his top priority(and one who doesnt have budget for Latitude series laptops) , need good laptop for home use pick inspiron or XPS

i went through the same thing with my brother's college laptop(vostro 1510) and on his birthday i bought him a Inspiron 15R, hes happy ever since with the speakers 2 years and still packs a lot of punch

PS : What ive posted above is my opinion only, one may beg to differ but again not all fingers are same :)

Bit off topic. Is Inspiron better than Vostro in terms of multimedia? Inspirons had very bad reputation in 2009 while I ws with Dell. Howz the quality now?

VOSTRO's build quality is great, its rubbery-mat finish feels much superior to Inspirons glossy look.

I want to buy one just for the superior build quality.

Back