Dell XCD 35 v/s Nokia C5-03 v/s Nokia C6-01

pr.itdude

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10k (+- 1K)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT or better

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: m always been a nokia fanboy :hap2:

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: TOUCHSCREEN must

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: YES (flash n front cam would make me very very happy:clap:)

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Symbian then Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: (3G or Edge or GPRS) + WiFi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, Multimedia, internet and whatever else we can do.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: VFM is a must thing for me for any product.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Its a tie between Dell XCD 35, Nokia C5-03, Nokia C6-01

Uff...so much of questionnaire, well the all in all story is, I was very confused when i decided to go for my new phone. I did enough theoretical research (as i always do) and now little practical too. Well, the Confusion ended with these three models when today i spent huge time trying hand-on phones in different shops.

I just want a touchscreen phone with good screen resolution, music, camera for casual movie watching, music n impromptu clicks respectively. IMO, 3G is waste without video calling, and i don't know why the hell these 3G phones (and especially android) doesnt comes with (or support) video calling and front cam. (Well i dont want debate, but just quick suggestions)

Thank u guyz.... :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

P.S : The days were gud when we dont had to scratch head for searching a new phone. Its very confusing these days !!

@DarkAngel, yeah now m asking for coupon codes in Letsbuy thread....I just hope to get atleast 15% (or more) off coupon. ;)

I really loved the phone when i tested it today, it fits so well in hands and so smooth....just awesome !! Nokia C5-03 is also above my expectation as it has only a resistive touchscreen still very responsive. But both are symbian, and my friend is ga-ga over android, he z only making me more confused.

Yeah android is the trend nowadays and Symbian is diminishing.But if you consider changing your opinions then I would suggest you to go for LG Optimus P500 exactly 10000 and the best in its range.Of course its an android.

If multimedia is more important then get the Nokia C6-01. There is no other phone in that range than can match its multimedia capabilities. Best bet in your budget. The screen is excellent AMOLED with CBD and easily the best in the 15k range. Except the Spice Mi410 (which is realtively new) none of the sub 15k androids can record and playback 720p.
The C6-01 S^3 will get the Anna update that will bring the eyecandy to the UI. So if i was you and multimedia media is the priority then i would get the C6-01 eyes closed.
Nokia X7-00 drops by for a visit, Symbian Anna looks good on a 4-incher

P500 cant even come close to C6-01 in terms of audio quality, video recording or video playback of the C6-01.

Nokia C6-01 review: Clear as black - GSMArena.com
Nokia C6-01 review: Clear as black - GSMArena.com

First of all, keep it between XCD35 and C6-01. C5-03 has S^1 which has already reached EOL. You cannot expect firmware upgrades which will enhance features...only minor bug fixes may come.

Between XCD35 and C6-01 -
Go for C6-01 for following reasons -
- You like Nokia & Symbian..so you will feel at home :)
- One of the best screen in the market...CBD (only outshined by SAMOLED / SAMOLED+)
- Excellent multimedia capabilities (stellar SQ and comprehensive video/audio codec support OOTB)
- USB OTG
- Very good battery life (Compared to android)
- Assured Anna update and atleast one more update which will revamp the UI (DO NOT ask the dates though...Nokia has delayed Anna by quite a few months)
- 8Mp EDoF camera which takes very good pics ( But NO MACROs / document scans possible)
- 720p 24FPS video recording
- Dual LED flash which doubles as Torch - very useful
- Front camera for video calling
- Pentaband 3G / WiFi
- Plays HQ games smoothly

Disadvantages of C6-01
- Below average stock browser (updated browser coming in Anna but don't expect anything groundbreaking). Opera is available to alleviate the pain
- No portrait QWERTY and split-screen QWERTY ( will be coming in Anna). Though due to 16:9 AR and 3.2" screen...not of much use unless used with swype.
- App availabilty not as wide as android

And following are the advantages of XCD35 over C6-01
- Bigger and higher resolution screen - better for web browsing / reading
- Wider variety of apps - though not sure if it can handle each and every app smoothly (no first hand experience)
- Excellent stock android browser + wide variety of 3rd party browsers

btw, android is the 'it' thing right now. So if you buy XCD35, you can have the satisfaction of owning the latest and the greatest thing since sliced bread ;) where as accoring to current trend, its a cool thing to bash symbian...so you will be cursed by your friends/relatives (and some folks here on TE) for buying a dead OS that is useless piece of sh!t

Well, its not lyk that i hate/dislike Android, its really the 'it' thing these days. But, (correct me here if wrong) i can find almost/nearby all apps on symbian similar to android, and specifically games.
And in this price range, the features tempting me to go for Nokia (not symbian) over Dell/Samsung (not android).

I also want to know that is it safe/hasslefree to order a phone from letsbuy.com ?? I have asked this Q in its thread also.
And, how come they can give a 1200 bucks discount when the price of Nokia is well open and not-negotiable at all.

Plz clear my all curiosities. ;)

Btw, the dealer told me that Dell is offering a complete handset change if anything happens under warranty. Thats pretty cool :clap:

pr.itdude said:
Well, its not lyk that i hate/dislike Android, its really the 'it' thing these days. But, (correct me here if wrong) i can find almost/nearby all apps on symbian similar to android, and specifically games.
NOT TRUE - YOU HAVE TO SEARCH FOR CRACKED APPS; ANDROID IS OPENSOURCE > 100,000 apps !!!

And in this price range, the features tempting me to go for Nokia (not symbian) over Dell/Samsung (not android).

I also want to know that is it safe/hasslefree to order a phone from letsbuy.com ?? I have asked this Q in its thread also.
And, how come they can give a 1200 bucks discount when the price of Nokia is well open and not-negotiable at all.

Plz clear my all curiosities. ;)
NOKIA MRP vs Best Dealer Deals - do not ever look at MRP, best deals are available all over the place. PLEASE GET OUT OF SYMBIAN - NOKIA's GLOBAL SALES ARE DOWN BY 60% OR MORE

Incidently - I myself am in a dilemma [need a smart/android phone below 12K] - choices are LG Optimus One P500; Samsung galaxy Fit S5670 or Dell XCD35 - all are below 11K

terence_fdes said:
NOKIA MRP vs Best Dealer Deals - do not ever look at MRP, best deals are available all over the place. PLEASE GET OUT OF SYMBIAN - NOKIA's GLOBAL SALES ARE DOWN BY 60% OR MORE

Incidently - I myself am in a dilemma [need a smart/android phone below 12K] - choices are LG Optimus One P500; Samsung galaxy Fit S5670 or Dell XCD35 - all are below 11K
So nokia is closing there factories tomorrow and you are not going to get your phone serviced?

So can you please justify in which ways P500, Fit (worst screen. QVGA on a 10k touch screen. Please :|) and XCD 35 betters the C6-01's multimedia capabilities.

@OP - If they dont give coupons then nobody would even bother to get from them as flipkart is much superior in terms of shipment times and prompt update of shipment nos in the website. Its a new company and they are promoting themselves heavily. Till may 15th they had a 15% max.2000 coupon. Now its down to 15% max 1000 till June 30 and in the future there may not be much coupons at all.

Couple of years back ebay were giving flat 200 and 250 coupons. So you can like buy a rs.255 stuff for rs.5. But now there are hardly any flat off coupons. So its just plain marketing to attract more customer base.

DarkAngel said:
So nokia is closing there factories tomorrow and you are not going to get your phone serviced?

So can you please justify in which ways P500, Fit (worst screen. QVGA on a 10k touch screen. Please :|) and XCD 35 betters the C6-01's multimedia capabilities.
As a matter of fact, had the C6-01 sported a bigger screen it would have taken the fight to the other higher priced phones as well especially with the upcoming Anna update. It even plays mkv files. I am pretty impressed by the X7 with Anna (UI video posted on the forum by raksrules), seems snappy enough for me.

DarkAngel said:
^

- MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ player

- DivX/XviD/MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player

Nokia C6-01 - Full phone specifications

You are going to invest 12k. So better read up the detailed reviews first :p
arey, i've researched a lot b4 summarizing to these 3 phones, from gsmarena to utube videos...all....and even, i prepared an excel sheet just like tech mag's of current phones. ;)

I just wanted to know that whether it can play videos in avi and mp4( coded for psp/ipods) smoothly or not.....

and ya, i've not yet decided to spend 12k :p

And once, Nokia X6 (8gb) was my fav in the buy list, but i dnt knw y d hell Nokia discontinued that super specs phone. Well, i havn't seen any good reviews too, still. Its not available anywhere.

dude , i understand your position here as i had to make a similar choice .
i have been a nokia fanboi too put now i think is the time you tasted android as i decided and am happy that i did that :D .
now as you have selected android now c6-01 is out of the picture .
now for android , dell xcd35 is one of the worst phones there .
say no to xcd .
id say look at some other like optimus one or wait for new ones .

@buddingwhizkid, i agree with ur dude. But tell me, which android phone is matching the specs of C6-01 at that price point. I didnt find anyone. :( And if find, i'll go for it.

And i guess, its the VFM.

Isnt it ??

DONE. Finally ordered the NOKIA C6-01 from Letsbuy.com :)
Now its the unpleasant wait till the shipment delivered.

Back