DELL XCD35 or LG Optimus One

anilthomas26

Disciple
Hi

Please suggest me the best among DELL XCD35 and LG Optimus One.Initially i have decided to go for the LG.But after seeing the DELL's screen size and resolution , i am confused.Is it worth to compromise LG's advantages(better RAM,Froyo) for the screen of DELL.

nope its not available in india... u will have to open an aramex shiop and ship account ($5 once with some discount code) then u get a US address and a UK address.. the items delivered to these addresses get shipped to u... also the Orange on wont be with Indian warranty... so if thats an issue, i would suggest u to go with LG optimus one... the 512 MB ram is really useful..

wont make much difference, as rest of the hardware is not that fast to take real advantage of the extra advantage. IMO 512MB RAM on 1GHz sounds useful...

Both are good phones, but have you considered Samsung Wave?

Dell XCD seems to be better except android 2.1

Read somewhere that Optimus one touch response is not that good, camera is crap.

Reviews did mentioned that display looks too plasticky.

Xcd 35 screen's aspect ratio is also more closer to 16:9 so would be better for watching movies(also it has bigger screen)

I would say google up that what are exact inprovements in android 2.2 over 2.1 and then decide can you live with it?

One major downfall is that one cannot install apps in mmc in android 2.1 but then there are apps like app2sd for that

comp@ddict said:
wont make much difference, as rest of the hardware is not that fast to take real advantage of the extra advantage. IMO 512MB RAM on 1GHz sounds useful...

Both are good phones, but have you considered Samsung Wave?
Although the hardware is amazing,bada os cripples it badly.Go with an android phone.

madnav said:
reselling chinese ZTE phone at almost twice the cost and yet with crippled specs.. very good brand indeed !!
Don't take it in that sense mate. Even I know that the XCD35 is actually a ZTE phone. But considering the brand value, I would still prefer Dell.

Do you see that the O1 is already retailing for 11.5k Shipped on ebay?? Soon, it would drop to ~ 10k. This always happens as LG is not a 'Brand' as people like to see it.

There are exceptions, No doubt. But in the end, it all boils down to how good the brand is.

If you got all the features of the LG O1 in a handset manufactured by USHA, would u prefer the USHA or the LG?? U'll surely prefer LG coz LG is a better known and well settled brand.

So, when I say Dell is better, I surely think that Dell is better than LG which is better than USHA!!! Lolzzz :p

@nehaladsul : look brother there are two approaches to follow when u buy a product

a) follow the brand : This approach is principally for those for whom the sole purpose or say larger part of their decision regarding a product is how much can they FLAUNT it, how much can they SHOW OFF..

b) do the homework and find how much shud u actually buy the product for : this is for those like me and madnav (@ madnav : my apologies for including u with me without ur prior permission :) )
for us brand is important but not the sole factor for purchase. i for one wont let Dell EXTORT double the amount for any gadget no matter how big a brand they are..

dont take it personally i just wanted to put it straight... even my younger brother goes by the first approach..

have a nice time

shank21101985 said:
@nehaladsul : look brother there are two approaches to follow when u buy a product

a) follow the brand : This approach is principally for those for whom the sole purpose or say larger part of their decision regarding a product is how much can they FLAUNT it, how much can they SHOW OFF..

b) do the homework and find how much shud u actually buy the product for : this is for those like me and madnav (@ madnav : my apologies for including u with me without ur prior permission :) )

for us brand is important but not the sole factor for purchase. i for one wont let Dell EXTORT double the amount for any gadget no matter how big a brand they are..

dont take it personally i just wanted to put it straight... even my younger brother goes by the first approach..

have a nice time
Agreed that u do your homework... :p

But u still haven't answered my question... Would you prefer an USHA/Ajanta cellphone over a Dell/Nokia/LG/Samsung if it offer the same/slightly better features??

I'll modify the conditions a bit to make the exam easier for you: If the USHA/Ajanta is priced at 5k and the Others are priced at 8k, which one would u buy then??

Dell is not Extorting anything from anyone. If u don't want to buy, don't buy. Simple.

Now for the ShowOff part: A good brand doesn't necessarily mean showoff. We get undies from Jockey as well as Chadda Mills. If one prefers the Jockey, does it mean he wants to show off his undies??!!?? :p

NO!! It only means that Jockey is more 'acceptable' as a brand.

It is never about the flaunt value mate. No one really bothers what phone u use these days. Even auto drivers use Nokia 5800 these days. :O

It is what you find more reliable... If I buy a LG, I am not sure I would get great ASS. But if I buy a Dell, I am dead sure that ASS would never be an issue.

Sorry to say... U are lacking in your homework.... :p

Lolzzz Pls don't take it personally!!! :)

nehaladsul said:
Agreed that u do your homework... :p

But u still haven't answered my question... Would you prefer an USHA/Ajanta cellphone over a Dell/Nokia/LG/Samsung if it offer the same/slightly better features??

I'll modify the conditions a bit to make the exam easier for you: If the USHA/Ajanta is priced at 5k and the Others are priced at 8k, which one would u buy then??

Dell is not Extorting anything from anyone. If u don't want to buy, don't buy. Simple.

Now for the ShowOff part: A good brand doesn't necessarily mean showoff. We get undies from Jockey as well as Chadda Mills. If one prefers the Jockey, does it mean he wants to show off his undies??!!?? :p

NO!! It only means that Jockey is more 'acceptable' as a brand.

It is never about the flaunt value mate. No one really bothers what phone u use these days. Even auto drivers use Nokia 5800 these days. :O

It is what you find more reliable... If I buy a LG, I am not sure I would get great ASS. But if I buy a Dell, I am dead sure that ASS would never be an issue.

Sorry to say... U are lacking in your homework.... :p

Lolzzz Pls don't take it personally!!! :)

Dude!! ASS does not determine the reliability.. It's the quality of the product that really matters.. And as far as the quality is concerned, I'd trust LG, anyday, over ZTE( the actual manufacturer of XCD35).. If the product is "reliable" you wouldn't even bother with the ASS!! :p

techmonk said:
Dude!! ASS does not determine the reliability.. It's the quality of the product that really matters.. And as far as the quality is concerned, I'd trust LG, anyday, over ZTE( the actual manufacturer of XCD35).. If the product is "reliable" you wouldn't even bother with the ASS!! :p

China's ZTE is reported to have overtaken Korea's LG Electronics to become the largest supplier of CDMA handsets to the Indian mobile phone market. The handset manufacturer now has a 26% market share according to market sources cited by the DigiTimes news publication.

ZTE originally entered the Indian market through an agreement with Tata Telecom in 2005 and now includes BSNL and the dominant CDMA operator, Reliance Communications as its customers.

ZTE is reported to have shipped some 15 million handsets in 2006, but had already passed that landmark by the beginning of June this year. The company is expected to ship something like 40 million handsets in total this year.

And you still think ZTC is not reliable.

@ techmonk: Did I ever say that you or anyone should trust Dell or any other brand?? It is your opinion... Keep it. :p

If u don't bother about ASS when u make a purchase, u lack in 'homework'.... :rofl:

A product can be reliable & yet need ASS. A reliable product won't fail by itself but a reliable product can always need ASS if it is messed up by the actions of the user.

So, in case u never need ASS for your products, I assume that you buy your products and keep them in the showcase.... don't use it lest it might get messed up and need ASS!!! :bleh:

@ d@rK nEmEsIs: Just a lack of 'homework' on their part mate... Hehehehe!!!

Back