Dell XPS 9570 screen problem

mallik

Adept
I have a Dell XPS 9570 which I got from the US. The screen suddenly started flickering, with some ghosting, a year ago. I am attaching a screenshot for reference. Here's a link to a short video too.

Any ideas where and how I can get it fixed? I live in Mussoorie, but have access to Dehradun and Delhi from time to time.

PXL_20211210_065116970.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20211210_060212652.jpg
    PXL_20211210_060212652.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Looks like a video ribbon issue.
Does the screen flicker when you move the laptop/hinge. Try tapping at different places and see if there is some change in flickering.

Also could you please update the image/video with a uniform wallpaper. The wallpaper is already too glitchy.

Looks like a video ribbon issue.
Does the screen flicker when you move the laptop/hinge. Try tapping at different places and see if there is some change in flickering.

Also could you please update the image/video with a uniform wallpaper. The wallpaper is already too glitchy.
Changed the wallpaper. The top part of the screen is okay. The lower part has lines (horizontal and vertical).

Changed the wallpaper. The top part of the screen is okay. The lower part has lines (horizontal and vertical).
Is it always same, the lines?

Try connecting it to an external display and see if the problem persists. Does your laptop have a discrete GPU?

If the problem is same in external display, then there is some problem with GPU. If external display works normally, then video cable or its connection is faulty (which seems the probable thing here).

Is it always same, the lines?

Try connecting it to an external display and see if the problem persists. Does your laptop have a discrete GPU?

If the problem is same in external display, then there is some problem with GPU. If external display works normally, then video cable or its connection is faulty (which seems the probable thing here).
It works fine with an external display. Should I just open it and check if the cable is loose?

It works fine with an external display. Should I just open it and check if the cable is loose?
Yes. Even if you're very comfortable with opening laptops, I would still strongly recommend that you watch a disassembly video for your particular model. It makes things much easier and accident proof.

Disconnect the video cable, clean the ends with eraser/Q-Tip in IPA etc. Reconnect. It should work.

Ok, thanks. I will try that and let you know

Edit: The lines change from time to time. Sometimes there are more, sometimes less. But same part of the screen

Last edited:
Back