Laptops Dell's Offering ATI HD4650 on Inspiron 15R

bhupatib

Disciple
yup but its directX10.1 and shader 4.1 as compared to the new series which is directX11 and shader5 compliant. its upto the user if he wants to be futureproof or more fps

Still we're getting something other and better than 5470 aren't we?! Thought Dell would never run out of stock on that one.
And forget DX11, a mobile 5650 isn't powerful enough to give you the full glory (tessellation and all) of a DX11 game.
Not to say there aren't better options out there but for 42k a core i5 with a decent GPU is a Great buy IMHO.
:)

bhupatib said:
Still we're getting something other and better than 5470 aren't we?! Thought Dell would never run out of stock on that one.

And forget DX11, a mobile 5650 isn't powerful enough to give you the full glory (tessellation and all) of a DX11 game.

Not to say there aren't better options out there but for 42k a core i5 with a decent GPU is a Great buy IMHO.

:)

Yeah,its a good step taken by Dell as it was always lacking in the GPU department.I hope they will include more powerful cards for the new studio line as HD550v is even slower than last gen Ati 4650 and its much slower than the Ati 5730.

Back