Graphic Cards Denial of RMA by NVIDIA/RPTECH and MSI for PCI Express Slot and PCI Express Pad burn

It seems only Asus offers burnt warranties and entertains such scenarios but only after escalating their western counterparts as in India everyone wants to deny/ignore everything irrespective of the brand policies.
MSI is known for shitty services but didn't expect such things from nvidia but again rptech is to be blamed for tarnishing nvidias image in india.

@sstiwari Discuss your issue on nvidia forums and I'm sure they will assist you better. Fk rptech tbh they only know how to sell and not sail in the service sea.

The red team also depends on the brand you purchase so if not the product brand the sub brand/affiliates are the ones playing games!
IT might also had happened that the main cause was psu for some reasons and it spared the mobo but your 4090!
Are you using an ups or a director inverter setup?

It seems only Asus offers burnt warranties and entertains such scenarios but only after escalating their western counterparts as in India everyone wants to deny/ignore everything irrespective of the brand policies.
MSI is known for shitty services but didn't expect such things from nvidia but again rptech is to be blamed for tarnishing nvidias image in india.

@sstiwari Discuss your issue on nvidia forums and I'm sure they will assist you better. Fk rptech tbh they only know how to sell and not sail in the service sea.

The red team also depends on the brand you purchase so if not the product brand the sub brand/affiliates are the ones playing games!
IT might also had happened that the main cause was psu for some reasons and it spared the mobo but your 4090!
Are you using an ups or a director inverter setup?
1. Nvidia Level 2 Technical Support has mentioned that they do not have any solutions for me, as they do not ship replacement units to India.
2. Connected through Line interactive 2200 VA UPS. Now using the same UPS with Ryzen 9 9950X based setup.
3. PSU was not at fault in preliminary load testing on another PC.

Lessons Learnt:
1. In such cases you are totally screwed, there is no mechanism in India to help you.
2. I will never buy from NVIDIA product again and if AMD rises to my needs, will never by any NVIDIA GPU even from AIB partners in future.
3. My experience with Samsung, Razer, Gigabyte and Corsair supprt has been superlative. They are really very helpful, everytime I contacted them. Though not experienced any burn issues

So sad.

I feel your pain, had similar thing happened to me with macbook pro, in the US there were recalls, here in India Apple third party service center blame some other part and got away.

From the looks of it, it was the case of too much power been pulled and yes that is 4090 fault not motherboard and not psu, I can guess that the slot was done for i.e fine copper lines melted after your weekend session and later it was shorted on turning on.

I will add some more lessons so that you don't have to learn them :D, especially with PC components

4. The number one mistake PC gamers think is everything is plug and play but it is not, you gotta have to watch the temps early on and adjust your hardware i.e downvolting etc.
Some games/ lot of games do unlimited FPS at menu - this singlehandedly can almost fry or decrease the life of cards. Save that undervolted setting in afterburner. or use nvidia controller settings to lock at 60 for eg. if playing games on 4k tv,60 fps is all you need, why play at unlocked fps?

I do this with my 3080ti triple fan, my comfortable zone is ~280watts. If I don't intervene that fkr can pull ~350+ watts which i am not comfortable with.

5. Play heavy games with case open, don't suffocate your cards if the AC ain't running.

I ordered Ryzen 9 7900x3d from amazon. I received a sealed box of Ryzen 9 7900x3d, except that it had Ryzen 7 5700G inside the tray, visible from outside. Luckily, I got the outer package opening done by delivery executive and video recorded entire episode, and made him agree that fake item has been delivered. Amazon was compelled to refund, else I was again big time screwed.
That is why buy such products from flipkart open box delivery only, immediate order cancelation & guaranteed replacement/refund.
(Theres a chance that Consumer Forum official is not that tech literate)
Not chance, almost all govt officials in such positions are tech illiterate when it comes to pc components.
Isn't Rashi also rma partner of asus (though they do have other rma partners too)?

Last edited:
4090 cost as much as this:

1727094970683.png

It dies on you after a year or two and repair denied. Just imagine that.

PC gamers think is everything is plug and play but it is not, you gotta have to watch the temps early on and adjust your hardware i.e downvolting etc.
But it is... This was not caused by user error or silicon degrading due to overclocking. This was burn damage to the PCIe connector - something that should never happen. Nothing OP did/didn't do could have caused/prevented this. This is the reason warranty exists: a fraction of all manufactured products will fail.

Isn't Rashi also rma partner of asus (though they do have other rma partners too)?
I'm unsure with whom I dealt couple of yrs back when one of my friends premium asus board got burnt and they replaced it happily without even asking for any explanation or escalation. This was in Mumbai region.
1. Nvidia Level 2 Technical Support has mentioned that they do not have any solutions for me, as they do not ship replacement units to India.
But they surely can direct Rashi to do the honor as its a flagship gpu not some kiddo1xx type base level card.
2. Connected through Line interactive 2200 VA UPS. Now using the same UPS with Ryzen 9 9950X based setup.
3. PSU was not at fault in preliminary load testing on another PC.
Fluctuations and anything could go wrong in electricity. Even top tier psus and mobos have failed in such scenarios.

Just a bad luck is what I can label it.

So sad.

I feel your pain, had similar thing happened to me with macbook pro, in the US there were recalls, here in India Apple third party service center blame some other part and got away.

From the looks of it, it was the case of too much power been pulled and yes that is 4090 fault not motherboard and not psu, I can guess that the slot was done for i.e fine copper lines melted after your weekend session and later it was shorted on turning on.

I will add some more lessons so that you don't have to learn them :D, especially with PC components

4. The number one mistake PC gamers think is everything is plug and play but it is not, you gotta have to watch the temps early on and adjust your hardware i.e downvolting etc.
Some games/ lot of games do unlimited FPS at menu - this singlehandedly can almost fry or decrease the life of cards. Save that undervolted setting in afterburner. or use nvidia controller settings to lock at 60 for eg. if playing games on 4k tv,60 fps is all you need, why play at unlocked fps?

I do this with my 3080ti triple fan, my comfortable zone is ~280watts. If I don't intervene that fkr can pull ~350+ watts which i am not comfortable with.

5. Play heavy games with case open, don't suffocate your cards if the AC ain't running.
As I have mentioned mate, I know my shit.

Earlier I had 3080 Ti connected to WQHD(3440X1440) @ Samsung G8 OLED, with brains being Ryzen 9 5900X. 3080 Ti was already bottlenecked by 5900X and was consuming around 230 Watts.

Then I upgraded to RTX 4090 FE, which was severely processor bottlenecked by 5900X and consumed around 150 Watts while outputting to Samsung G8 OLED @ 3440X1440.

I was waiting for 9950X for upgrade, but luck had another plans.

So, there is absolutely no chance of overheating, shorting.

Its purely a defective component on NVIDIA PCB, which caused this current spike on 12V Rails on PCIE side.
I'm unsure with whom I dealt couple of yrs back when one of my friends premium asus board got burnt and they replaced it happily without even asking for any explanation or escalation. This was in Mumbai region.

But they surely can direct Rashi to do the honor as its a flagship gpu not some kiddo1xx type base level card.

Fluctuations and anything could go wrong in electricity. Even top tier psus and mobos have failed in such scenarios.

Just a bad luck is what I can label it.
Correct, but the possibility of such surge not damaging UPS, PSU, Mobo, Processor and any other home consumer durable and reaching directly to Gfx card is next to NIL, and benefit of such doubt should always be passed on to consumer, who is ill equipped to take this burden of total loss.

Jason @ Level 2 Tech support closed the case citing "I don't have any solution for you."

Last edited:
Jason @ Level 2 Tech support closed the case citing "I don't have any solution for you."
Well this guy mentioned that replacement is possible but only through RP Tech if I'm right correctly and the latter is completely denying anything with regards to this. But come on the 4090 is a premium elite card like a Maybach and how could it be just flatout denied of service which in the case being RMA.

This is an FE card which is direct from Nvidia so what countries do they ship directly if it's not India? Any possibilities that the card could be shipped to USA as per the customer's choice? At least a replacement could be acquired that way if at all.

Last edited:
someone please clarify .. afaik, only 75 watts goes through motherboard PCIe slot and GPU can only pull 75w from motherboard PCIe slot ( otherwise every time someone forgets to plug PCIe 8pin/6pin cables to the GPU, there would be a burnt card and a burnt motherboard ) .. how can GPU try to pull more power from PCIe and get burnt?

so just my 2 cents and maybe a possible solution.
if the Nvidia rep is responsive and the only reason a replacement is being denied is cause of geographical constraints, i would try and see if its possible for the replacement to get delivered to a friend or a cousin etc in the US who shall be given a letter like an NOC to collect the card, of course this is a long shot but it could work depending on your rapport with the rep. Also you would have to give Nvidia some sort of exemption from culpability in case the person handling your NEW card goofs up in any way while it is in his/her possession.
I'm terribly sorry to hear of this and i would really not take this sort of behavior lying down, I absolutely think you have the right to use a product you've spent so much on at least for 3-4 years without any issues whatsoever, that should be the norm.

so just my 2 cents and maybe a possible solution.
if the Nvidia rep is responsive and the only reason a replacement is being denied is cause of geographical constraints, i would try and see if its possible for the replacement to get delivered to a friend or a cousin etc in the US who shall be given a letter like an NOC to collect the card, of course this is a long shot but it could work depending on your rapport with the rep. Also you would have to give Nvidia some sort of exemption from culpability in case the person handling your NEW card goofs up in any way while it is in his/her possession.
I'm terribly sorry to hear of this and i would really not take this sort of behavior lying down, I absolutely think you have the right to use a product you've spent so much on at least for 3-4 years without any issues whatsoever, that should be the norm.
Even my brother and friends visit US and EUROPE, but taking it there is itself a hassle(its really bulky with box). You have to get it mentioned in passport during immigration, so that customs will not be applied while bringing it back.

And moreover, whats the guarantee that NVIDIA will not make another lame excuse?

RP Tech guy said, if NVIDIA explicitly writes to us to accept card for RMA, we will accept it. When I mentioned this to Nvidia Level 2, he said, he has no solution.

You can create a serie of tweets with nvidia and rptech and post link here, we will try to make it viral/popular. I also have msi gpu and wanted to RMA due to temp but they denied.

Is there a possibilit that you courier the card to RPtech and this way they have to acknowledge in their system and issue a denial of service letter and sent back the card. The denial of service letter would come handy in the further legal processes.

Back