Deposit Cheque in HDFC Bank?

G@d of w@r

Skilled
this question is silly... but i am newbie to HDFC Banking.
I received salary cheque.. i want to deposit into my a/c
is there any ways to drop it in drop in box at branches?
my collegue told me that i have to write my AC name behind the cheque and my contact no. with name. is this correct way of dropping cheque in dropin box? i dont want to fall for cheque slip n shit cause from next month ill b getting transfers...
Help will b appreciated.. :clap:

U need to fill the Pay-in-slip for the same. N drop it into Cheque collection boxes at HDFC ATM centers.

Writing ur a/c no behind the Cheque is good always.

BTW: hope its a crossed (A/c Payee only)...

yes its ac payee.. can i just drop cheque by just writing name and a/c number and contact no.? my collegue suggested me that and not to write in slip book..when i asked him

dude go to the bank and fill the pay slip and also possible get a carbon slip on next one and get the stamp on it.......its a proof u deposited the stuff in bank...keep the carbon slip one copy with u..if u face problem in future....

wheras directly giving it with pay slip single copy(no carbon)will also work but make sure u give it at counter.....and the guy stamp it and will say its done...

i wont suggest dropping in box...only if u wish to pay bills and other stuffs than dropping recommended......no for salary cheques and all...

arre, don't worry...

- Just fill in the pay-in slip with the check and a/c details, and also write down your name, A/C details and cell# on the back of the check in a corner (just in case the pay -in slip detaches from the check)

- Drop it in the check drop box

End of story!

Any cheque when being deposited in a bank requires a pay-in-slip/challan duly filled in with the cheque No./date A/c No. / name details. thats the standard procedure.

A bank pay-in-slip/challan carries a counterfoil too, which the bank will endorse and return as proof of receiving the cheque.

Any cheque without the filled-in pay-in-slip/challan will be rejected.

Edit:

ah! Ze Czar beat me 2 it

superczar said:
arre, don't worry...

- Just fill in the pay-in slip with the check and a/c details, and also write down your name, A/C details and cell# on the back of the check in a corner (just in case the pay -in slip detaches from the check)

- Drop it in the check drop box

End of story!

TheMask said:
Any cheque when being deposited in a bank requires a pay-in-slip/challan duly filled in with the cheque No./date A/c No. / name details. thats the standard procedure.

A bank pay-in-slip/challan carries a counterfoil too, which the bank will endorse and return as proof of receiving the cheque.

Edit:
ah! Ze Czar beat me 2 it

i second these opinions.

now another point if you drop the cheque at ATM it will processed at the end of next working day so you may get money a day late.

if you hand it over at counter it will be cleared a day earlier.

there is one more option you can put it in ATM itself with cheque in the deposit envelop so that you have acknowledgemet in form of ATM confirmation slip.

To fill the pay-in-slip is advisable if you have the time ;) , however even if you drop the check without the slip with the account no. mentioned on the check, it will be processed, thats the way i do it everytime :p

guys, ive posted cheque in drop box.. ive attached slip with it and obviously carbon copy is with me :) and ive filled in a/c no., date and name information and dropped it. it was so easy :p lol..

Thanks to everyone who replied my post. in return i repped evereyone here for helping me.

nVidiaBeast said:
guys, ive posted cheque in drop box.. ive attached slip with it and obviously carbon copy is with me :) and ive filled in a/c no., date and name information and dropped it.

1. It will be credited to ur A/c on the same day If the cheque is of same bank/branch.

2. It takes a 1 day If its of different bank but local cheque.(should have put within 10AM)

3. I think u did it in the Afternoon session, and hope it gets credited to ur A/c on 18th around 3PM...

nVidiaBeast said:
it was so easy :p lol..

Just lemme know If u have more cheques, u can try puting into my A/c... :bleh: :bleh: ... dats por pun,..

HDFC does not allow cash deposit into HDFC account from another bank or even a different branch of HDFC ???????

*Overlooking all the replies after the initial first post*

Why dont you go and ask the pretty lady on the counter sitting with the "May I Help You" Tag on her shirt^o

wow.... ive never been to HDFC bank anyday.. ive just gone to ATMs.. by the time I reached ATM around 5.30, the bank was closed. hope to go to the bank anytime soon :)

chic_magnet said:
^^ lol it does.... who said it doesnt?

yesterday someone who wanted to buy the fan im selling in the market section went to hdfc bank to deposit cash into my hdfc account was told this. i too was surprised :S

Back