Deposit Cheque in HDFC Bank?

puns said:
yesterday someone who wanted to buy the fan im selling in the market section went to hdfc bank to deposit cash into my hdfc account was told this. i too was surprised :S

YUP... thats me... I sent someone with cash to deposit in PUNS HDFC account and the bank refused to accept it saying that the cash has to be deposited in the branch in which the account is held :(

Yes HDFC does not allow cash deposits into 3rd party accounts and not from other branches as well. Earlier it used to but some 2-or-less years back it stopped accepting.

superczar said:
^^Are they nuts?
Anyway, avoid yourself the hassle and just dro a check in PUNS name ina the dropbox

although i havent dealt in cash deposit recently , i was :S when i heard this. will find out with my branch whats the deal.must have been some mistake on the bank's end.
anyways , things have been worked out with Eazy :eek:hyeah:

Renegade said:
Yes HDFC does not allow cash deposits into 3rd party accounts and not from other branches as well. Earlier it used to but some 2-or-less years back it stopped accepting.

last year , i had 2 dealings of cash deposit in my account and both had come through, one from HDFC and other from ICICI

puns said:
last year , i had 2 dealings of cash deposit in my account and both had come through, one from HDFC and other from ICICI

This is the FIRST time I have heard of CASH bouncing from a BANK !!!! :(

nVidiaBeast said:
cash bounce?? if they dont accept cash, where does it go then?

...errr... I was J/K .... they did not accept cash from me for depositing in PUNS account as our HDFC accounts are in different branches. The HDFC branch were I have my account said they would not be able to credit the cash into PUNS account which is in another branch of HDFC.

i also faced the same problem from HDFC bank once that they do not accept 3rd party cash deposits into the savings account, in non-native branch.

like this :
A holds an account at branch X, B holds an account at Branch Y, now if B wants to pay some amount to A and goes to branch Y it will be refused while at branch X it will be accepted.

but eazy why did not you use net transfer option.

Back