Android Desh Keyboard is safe to use ?

Anybody using Desh Keyboard for Native Indian Language - My question is that safe? Any Data Leaks ?

As there is no Google Indic Keyboard anymore in the Playstore….So..

My requirements for the Bengali variant.
I think you can still add Indian languages in gboard. Go to gboard settings -> languages.

Info Provided on their website - We receive information about your interactions with the App, like the pages or other content you view, the dates and times of your interactions, the frequency of your usage sessions. When you install the App, we may receive the names of the apps installed on your device and your interactions with those apps, the dates and times of your interactions, and the frequency of your usage sessions.
Link - https://clusterdev.com/apps/privacy-policy/

Better to use Gboard with additional languages, using it without any issues.

Thanks for the valuable input - You both are right Gboard offers the same experience I'm looking for with Bangla Language inputs as this 3rd Party Software but Google didn't publish the feature/screenshot anywhere...hence I'm looking at this.

I also use iPad OS extensively, but Gboard does not allow what I'm looking for. What I need is Typing in English and the output comes in Bengali like below which I can't figure out with Gbaord @ iPad.

Again iOS store got this 3rd Party Keyboard there.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 140733.png

The default keyboard in iphone provides this feature, where I have selected my regional language, If I select multi-language mode I can type in english which It converts to my regional language ( which I could pick and use as above ).

Hi, Checked the default keyboard of the iPad which is the latest iPad OS 17.2 (21C62).

Anyhow I got the Bengali Language there but that can't do that thing which is Type in English --> Output in Bengali like the above screenshot.

This is the default iPad OS Keyboard

keyboard 1.png

If I click the Bangla Option (Last in the Popup) - I get the below thing which is complete Bengali keyboard and writing Bengali other than Pen / Pencil is a Big Pain at the bottom

keyboard 2.png

Also there is no Multi-Language option in the Keyboard Settings as per my findings.

keyboard settings .png

I love to use native iOS keyboard for Multi-Lingual input purposes other than 3rd Party Software which may lead to Data Leak, Password Theft etc etc

Go to Keyboard Settings -> Add New Keyboard -> select language -> select transliteration, which will enable English -> native language. Tried it on my phone.
After selecting Language -> select Bangla -> select transliteration instead of standard

Last edited:
Go to Keyboard Settings -> Add New Keyboard -> select language -> select transliteration, which will enable English -> native language. Tried it on my phone.
After selecting Language -> select Bangla -> select transliteration instead of standard
YES….. your method absolutely worked, Thanks a lot. It is not as polished as Gboard or Desh Keyboard but it worked.

Thank You.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 8.35.11 PM.jpeg.png

Back