Desi torrent

LOL, question of the year....

Is a Horse a better buy than a mp3 player?

Desitorrents is just a forum that apart from other things also specializes in hosting torrent trackers...

Bit torrent is an application that enable downloads using torrents :p

bit torrent is a client s/w....desi torrent is a forum frm where u can download stuffs.......using the bit torrent client software......

Hey mayb ARKA has no ideas about torrenst and just a recent migrant from the 'e-donkey/Kazaa' world...

Well SuperCzar has given a short and sweet explanation to ur question ARkA...

simple request .. dnt jeer at the user yaar.. simply tell him the basics and let him even move on ..

and mods pls do close this as soon as the answer is posted..

(btw arka .. bit torrent is a client one uses to dwnload the stuff via torrent files and desi torrent is a site which has got various torrents for different types of stuff.. ;) )

Actually bit torrent is currently running very slow in my computer, I am using broadband DSL cable connection of 256 kbps but it takes a lot more times (near 30 to 45 min) to reach the actual download speed of 33kbps(approx). One of 0my friend suggest me to download a local p2p download manager ,He named as desitorrent,Sorry frienz for asking such a question but plz help now

There's no bittorrent client (Download manager as you term it) by the name of desitorrents...

I use Azureus, some use Bitlord, or uTorrent, each with their own pros and cons

Also, torrent speeds take time to build up depending on the number of seeders/leechers

For more info:

BitTorrent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW when you say 33kbps, I assume you mean a download speed of 33 KiloBytes] per sec, which is really very good for a 256kbps connection (256kbps =256/8=32 KBps; Kilobits vs KiloBytes)

As a rule of thumb, expect to be able to download 1 CD worth of data (~700MB) in one night on a 256kbps connection,

SO I guess you do not have to worry!

Though if your speeds are 33kbps i.e.~4 kBps, then you have an issue

Desitorrents = A directory from where you download source files, called torrents, which can only be run on bittorrent clients

Bitcomet = Bittorrent clients, on this you load .torrent files downloaded from sites like desitorrents, torrentspy etc.

Get it? And no, peers can not be changed. Peers are simply other people from whom you collectively download the data.

Don't worry, you just need to spend more time on the internet :)

no u can't increase the peers just like that...peers,as the word suggests are people having the same file u are downloading.So the more peers the torrent has,the more speed ull get.

gr8 infomatic discussion. i'm a newbee on this forum so hi 2 all. as 4 bit torrent , i just have a quest. whether bittorrent is same as rapidshare & its clone or they r differant

very very different.... fundamentally!!

on Rs you just leech.. download and be done with it!

on torrent along with donwloading you also upload it so that the file is shared amongst more users!!

and also once you finish downloading it you`ll still keep uploading it (if there are enough peers to upload to) unlike in RS and likes..

ok thanx now a prob. i down loaded some video files frm bittorrent but i cant play them. they r *.avi.torrent i've vlc but no use other than WMP what player 'll do. also sho'ld i down load any codecs . do help

paur3 said:
ok thanx now a prob. i down loaded some video files frm bittorrent but i cant play them. they r *.avi.torrent i've vlc but no use other than WMP what player 'll do. also sho'ld i down load any codecs . do help
:S :S
those are not vdo fiels..they are torent files..
open the torrent file with any bittorrent client to d/l the actual vdo file

*.whatever.torrent =/= *.whatever

and b4 posting any question ,GO THROUGH THIS
THREAD

i am no bittorrent pro :tongue: ...started using torrents only a month ago ;) but learned a lot from the links in that thread now im no less than a pro :p

simply put .torrent files are nothing but a sort of metadata telling what the file is all about, how big the file will be. What are the contents of the file, some info. about the tracker (tracker being the site where the .torrent file is originally posted) along with or without a passkey. Passkey would be equivalent to u'r username & pwd so never give u'r passkey to anybody. The .torrent files are between 20 -150 KB the biggest I downloaded yet. I think I covered all the basics of .torrent anybody anymore :)

shirish , i've got azureus client & opened a dwnld file on it using tracker it saved it ,but to view the content do i've 2 make a torrent? i've gone 2 brian's faq gud , but it dont say about *.avi. plz hlp

Back