Budget 21-30k Desktop for 3D Cad Softwares

sandynator

Disciple
This PC is required by a guy from my brother's office..

Q: What is your budget?

25- 30k [as told to me] but can increase Or upgrade in parts as the system is required for 3d cad softwares

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Nothing

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
NA

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - suitable for 3d cad softwares [lesser the budget better but should not lag in performance]
Motherboard - suitable for 3d cad softwares [lesser the budget better but should not lag in performance]
GPU - If required then something suitable for 3d cad softwares
RAM - 4gb or more if required
hdd - 500 gb
DVD Writer
Keyboard/mouse
Cabinet/SMPS
LCD/LED Monitor - especially Full HD or anything which will suffice

​Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai Lamington rd. IT wares OR Prime ABGB

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
3D cad softwares like Ideas, Pro E, Rhono, Autocad, Matrix, Mastercam ........
Browsing
Office work
Watching HD movies

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
NA

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 [Have a separate budget for it]

Can Wait till july end. please help us
Thanks in Advance

Actually I have one system in my mind want your expert opinion on it.
CPU - AMD FX 6100
M/B -
ASUS M5A88-M
Ram - 4GB x 1 G skill Ripjaw Or Corsair Vengance
SMPS /Power Supply - Corsair VS 450 OR CX 430 II

Is this m/b & CPU combo suitable to run 3d cad softwares?
Is graphic card required?
Also suggest some 1k cabinet.

Thanks in Advance

@sandynator, you can go for either of the following RIG's --

Intel RIG --
Intel Core i5 2400 ~10900/-
Intel DH67-BL ~6500/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1 ~1200/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/-
HP [boxed] / Smasung [OEM] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2400/-
Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/- [Corsair CX V2 430W has been phased out but if you can find one go ahead with its purchase, the VS 450W is facing flak for using poor quality capacitors, so avoid buying it]
Dell IN2030M ~6500/- [a 20" LED-backlit monitor, with support upto 720p] OR Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [a 21.5" full HD backlit monitor with HDMI-IN]
LOGITECH multimedia wired desktop ~700/-

AMD RIG --
AMD FX-6100 ~8900/-
ASUS M5A97-M ~6500/-
[rest RIG same-same as Intel]

This is what I would suggest and both exceed your budget by quite a margin but these are absolutely bare-bones for what you need. I am not sure whether getting a Quadro card will be beneficial to you so I am tagging someone who can guide you accordingly.

@Chaos Sire, help needed. Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I have a doubt ..

Both motherboards that you suggested do not have on board graphic. Any specific reason? Which Gfx card do you suggest?

For Amd config won't ASUS M5A88-M suffice the need?? We are planning for gfx card upgrade later on.

One more query....
Will Top end Llano Or the upcoming Trinity processors support our requirements of 3d cad softwares?

ALPHA17
thnks for the help....

The motherboards you mentioned do not have on board Graphic any specific reason.
suggests some suitable gfx cards with these systems.

BTW how is Asus M5A88-M with Fx 6100 CPU ?

Get as much RAM as you can - at least 8GB if not more. The graphics chip and CPU are only useful if there's enough ram to load the models. Stuff like AutoCAD needs huge amounts of RAM and if you don't have it, it starts swapping.

Both motherboards that you suggested do not have on board graphic. Any specific reason? Which Gfx card do you suggest?

One more query... Will Top end Llano Or the upcoming Trinity processors support our requirements of 3d cad softwares?

The Intel Core i5 2400 has the IGP on the CPU die not the motherboard, the H67 chipset allows you to use the same seamlessly.

Yes I was not aware of the AMD 970 chipset does not have an onboard IGP and neither does the FX-series carry an IGP on the CPU die. So yes you will need to get a decent graphics card, I would recommend the -- AMD HD 7750 ~7000/-

Do no mix the FX-series with an older chipset [the 880G in your case] because a lot of power-gating and Turbo Core technology will not work on the 8** series chipset family so there is no advantage of investing in a Bulldozer CPU, might as well go for the older Thuban's.

No the current crop of AMD Llano processors is plain underpowered for your requirements, do not expect the Trinity to scale much better; the best bet is to go for a Sandy-Bridge / Ivy-Bridge system and add a graphics card later.

Lastly as Chaos has pointed out go for as much RAM as you can; more = better in your case for now.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheerio!!

The graphics chip and CPU are only useful if there's enough ram to load the models.

Will the Intel HD 2000 graphics be enough for his purpose OR will he need a base graphics card [something like the HD 7750]?

The Intel Core i5 2400 has the IGP on the CPU die not the motherboard, the H67 chipset allows you to use the same seamlessly.

thanks a lot & sorry about this H67 Confusion because at first glance on flipkart I could not locate the DVI & HDMI ports due to small picture.

Is there any major diffence in INTEL DH67-CL & INTEL DH 67-BL ?

Instead of AMD FX I'll convince this guy for AMD Phenom II X6 1075T With ASUS M5A97-M if not M5A88-M.

Is there any major improvement in 970 chipset from 880g??

Is there any major diffence in INTEL DH67-CL & INTEL DH 67-BL ?

Instead of AMD FX I'll convince this guy for AMD Phenom II X6 1075T With ASUS M5A97-M if not M5A88-M.

No there is no difference between the two Intel motherboards that you have short listed. They are the same chipset and features, just that the -BL has a µATX form-factor whilst the latter [-CL] has a full-ATX form-factor.

If you are going for the AMD Phenom IIx6 family processor, you can go for an 880G / 890G motherboard as well, only if you are going for an FX-series processor then the need for a 9** series chipset based motherboard is crucial. This is because the Turbo Boost and power-gating techniques used in the latter are more aggressive than they were in the Thuban chips which were paired with the 8** series chipsets [themselves a soup up of 7** series chipsets].

Hope this answers your queries,Cheerio!!

Back